The Lotus Cars Community banner

Forcedfed Race 400 at Car and Driver!!

17097 178
Hello Guys,
We have just completed our final shakedown of our Lotus at Buttonwillow this weekend. The car is on it's way this week to the annual Car and Driver Super Tuner shootout in Michigan. The event is a very demanding single lap run with all of the numbers being crunched as you go. Very cool format. It's a pity we could not have also brought our MR for the event.

http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=35&article_id=8719

This year is back to the 4 cylinder entries only, so our main competition will come from another Lotus, Evo's, Sti's and I am sure a few surprises as well. Here is a partial list of the guys competiting:

Bushur Racing (fast Evo for sure)
Easy Street Motorsports (Sti)
HKS (??)
Greddy (??)
Hondata (Lotus Elise)
Vishnu (WRX Wagon)
Mini-Madness (Mini)
Howell Automotive (SRT-4 Neon)
Cobb (WRX)
X-S Engineering (Evo ??)
Skunk2 (Civic)
Caterham ( That could be trouble!!)
Flying Miata (Turbo Miata)
Stasis Engineering (Audi A4)

The competition is split up into 2 run groups: FWD and AWD/RWD. We need to hit 140mph this year on the straight and brake from that speed to a full stop. Wish us luck guys!!

Brett Payne
www.Forcedfed.com
1 - 20 of 179 Posts

·
Registered
7,130 Posts
Brett,

Awesome news - good luck, keep the rubber side down, and make us proud! ...well you have allready done the last one, but more it couldn't hurt!

·
Premium Member
27,787 Posts
At Buttonwillow

Attachments

·
Premium Member
27,787 Posts

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Where and when is the Super Tuner Shootout?

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Awesome. I just sent graphics up to MI for an R32 Golf being run by VW, Possibly it's another issue though because I don't think it's competing against this batch of tuner vehicles, all I know is that is was for Car and Driver mag.

Look at the body roll on the Audi compared to the Elise in the above photo. Cool picture. Funny how BIG an A4 looks next to the Elise.

1 - 20 of 179 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.