The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The gakset between the cat and header on my forcedfed street headers has died after one of the springs failed. Does anyone know what OEM application they used for the gasket and spring. Forcedfed has been totally useless. I have tried a few different 2.5" donut gaskets and none fit well enough. I have a time attack this Sunday and won't be able to pass tech with a leaky exhaust. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
My suggestion is to carry the doughnut up to your local auto parts place, sometimes the guys there can help.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The auto parts store I brought it to said they wouldn't even try to match it up without knowing the oem application. Anyways the gasket is in multiple pieces. I actually put the gasket parts back in the car with lots of RTV and was able to keep it leak free to get through the last race but it has blown out again. I have checked 2-3 OEM applications that use a 2.5" donut gasket and they all are the wrong profile and too thick. I PMd Casey hopefully he gets back to me. I have sent at least 10 emails to forcedfed over the last month and called them multiple times and they just run me around in circles.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
The auto parts store I brought it to said they wouldn't even try to match it up without knowing the oem application. Anyways the gasket is in multiple pieces. I actually put the gasket parts back in the car with lots of RTV and was able to keep it leak free to get through the last race but it has blown out again. I have checked 2-3 OEM applications that use a 2.5" donut gasket and they all are the wrong profile and too thick. I PMd Casey hopefully he gets back to me. I have sent at least 10 emails to forcedfed over the last month and called them multiple times and they just run me around in circles.
Forcedfed sorta went down the ****ter.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Hopefully Casey can help, but otherwise you might just have to try a few different parts stores to find someone friendly. Parts store guys that deal with professionals (i.e., not the chain store sort) have gone out of their way to help me in the past.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts