The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 420 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Guys,
We are nearing the completion of our turbo kit and should have the car running late next week. I am extremely pleased with the development time and quality of our kit which we believe will be second to none for this car. Of course there is still alot to get done in the way of engine management tuning, cooling checks, driveability tuning, boost response and of course power production on the kit. We have both a turbo manifold and now a N/A header completed for the Elise and they are about to go out for a production run after testing.

I have posted a picture of our 321 SS manifold which is tacked up ready for welding on a 2ZZ head. We already have another completed manifold on the customers car and we are now finishing up our 3 inch exhaust system to compliment the kit. The intercooler size will be good for the more extreme customer who wishes to build the motor and run a bigger GT28RS, GT3071 or even a GT3076 turbocharger as the flanges are the same. The intercooler will support over 400 horsepower and will not need to be upgraded. This will be a devastating car with over 240 wheel horsepower!:) We will post up more pictures after Christmas of the completed running and then dyno numbers after that. Happy Holidays everyone.

Brett Payne
www.Forcedfed.com

Attachments

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
Does our car use air injection into the manifolds for emissions? I ask because the wiring diagram indicates this may be the case. If so how is that incorporated? I need to check the car to see for sure...our manifolds are semihidden. Thanks!

·
shay2nak
25,096 Posts
[billy crystal]that looks marvelous darling...simply marvelous![/billy crystal]

Originally posted by Forcedfed
This will be a devastating car with over 240 wheel horsepower! :)
:up: :bow: :clap: :D -eek- :cool:

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Stan said:
Does our car use air injection into the manifolds for emissions? I ask because the wiring diagram indicates this may be the case. If so how is that incorporated? I need to check the car to see for sure...our manifolds are semihidden. Thanks!
Unfortunately the current (2004+) 2ZZ-GE uses EGR, thus the small ports above each cylinder's exhaust port. :mad: Under the upper exhaust heat shield you will find the tube that winds around the right-hand side of the engine.

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,750 Posts
Where does the intercooler go?

How is all the extra heat in the engine compartment managed?

How much? :D

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
>>>Unfortunately the current (2004+) 2ZZ-GE uses EGR, thus the small ports above each cylinder's exhaust port. Under the upper exhaust heat shield you will find the tube that winds around the right-hand side of the engine. <<<

Why do you say unfortunately? It shouldn't hurt anything too much if at all if well implemented. For this turbo kit you might throw check engine lights if this is not dealt with via another puter or other workaround. Might be smog related issues too.

·
Forum Mop
612 Posts
transio said:
The milled out amoeba shapes in the manifold flange are for weight reduction?

you put your weeeeeeeed in there.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OppositeLock said:
Unfortunately the current (2004+) 2ZZ-GE uses EGR, thus the small ports above each cylinder's exhaust port. :mad: Under the upper exhaust heat shield you will find the tube that winds around the right-hand side of the engine.
Yes that is true. Luckily we had the car to work on and made the required change as you can see on the flange.

Brett Payne
www.Forcedfed.com

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The intercooler is ducted and is an air to air unit getting fresh air. I do not want to spill the beans just yet on the location as I am not sure a lot of people will think of placing it in the location we did. The extra heat in the engine bay should be minimal because of the way this kit is excuted. When looking at the kit installed on the car you cannot even tell it is turbocharged!:)

As for pricing that will depend on my production runs for the kit. Obviously the more kits I can sell the less the price will be. We are recommending that the initial few kits be installed by us to ensure that the process goes smoothly for everyone.

Brett Payne
www.Forcedfed.com

MickOpalak said:
Where does the intercooler go?

How is all the extra heat in the engine compartment managed?

How much? :D
::

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
transio said:
The milled out amoeba shapes in the manifold flange are for weight reduction?
DING DING DING !!!!!!WE HAVE A WINNER!!!:D :p :clap: The flange as you can tell is thick stainless and we are trying not to add unneccessary weight if possible.

Brett Payne
www.Forcedfed.com

·
Registered
304 Posts
"The intercooler is ducted and is an air to air unit getting fresh air. I do not want to spill the beans just yet on the location as I am not sure a lot of people will think of placing it in the location we did."

Passenger seat :up:

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
>>>The intercooler is ducted and is an air to air unit getting fresh air. I do not want to spill the beans just yet on the location as I am not sure a lot of people will think of placing it in the location we did<<<

I'd imagine somone already guessed the side scoop...how about on the floor fed by a NACA duct, or up by the engine cover?

1 - 20 of 420 Posts