The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
I knew it!!! This video was posted here a couple months ago. I knew people were going to get on Ford's ass about the decapitated cat. LOL I guess now that a lot of people have seen it, there is an uprising. LOL

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Everyone is getting way too serious, the ad is very funny and an obvious spoof! There are a lot more serious issues to get worked up over.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
If it was a dog, I would be upset:D

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
James A said:
Everyone is getting way too serious, the ad is very funny and an obvious spoof! There are a lot more serious issues to get worked up over.
I agree it's not worth getting worked up over, but I for one did not enjoy watching a (computer generated, I'm sure) cat be decapitated. I don't find that funny, I find it sick. The ad could have been just as funny if the sunroof kept the cat pinned in place rather than kill it.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
I didnt see any humor in it at all.

uggh...not sure who their ad agency is, but Im having a hard time seeing how that even made it to production schedule. I dont think its amusing ( even if I was keeping an open mind about the fake cruelty) rather, I found that pretty offensive to watch even though it is fake.

EDIT, nevermind, just read the article on MSN. Still, someone had to release the ad...

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
The ad just further illustrates the desensitizing of american public. Just like the commercial on last year simulating shooting a hamster out of a cannon and hitting a target.

:( Chris

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Yeah I tend to agree, problem is, its hard to argue with someone who thinks its funny because they just think people are being silly. To me that would be like showing a rape, as long as its CG does it make it ok? I think it just depends on your value's and how you view the ramnifications of such things.

but then again Im someone who rescues opossums who've been hit from the roadway. I helped this one last tuesday. I passed him on my way to work at 5:30 am and hoped he was just crossing the road. On my way home at 10am he was still there so I knew he was injured. I managed to get him into a crate and took him to the local wild life vet. His jaw was broken. He was a baby. his tongue was also torn in two. Had to be euthanized but at least he didnt suffer hours more. I just like animals...what can I say.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
zvezdah1 said:
The ad just further illustrates the desensitizing of american public.
Wasn't the ad for the UK market????I can't imagine they would ever run such an ad here.

OFM, it is too bad there aren't more people like you...When I was a kid I came home one day to find my german shepherd had gotten my turtle out of its bowl and was chewing on it - it was still alive but with a badly cracked shell - made my mom take it to the vet to have it put to sleep... I would have been a vet myself if I wasn't allergic to too many animals, so had to settle for med school:) My older sister decided to go back to school to be a vet and is graduating next month from vet school at age 44:)

·
Registered
591 Posts
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by zvezdah1
The ad just further illustrates the desensitizing of american public.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It illustrates the desensitising of the European public. The Ka is not available in the US. It is too small.

US television is tame compared to European and Japanese TV. Have you seen the Japanese game shows. They make Fear Factor look like a childrens show. I can not watch Fear Factor usually as it is too gross.

Greg

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
1FASTMX5 said:
I think the biggest problem I have is that some kid will see it and try to repeat.
You mean the same kids who watched Tom and Jerry and the Road Runner for the last 50 years?

Or the kids who watch people being executed and run over, suicide victims, et al on those gore websites?

Or the kids who committed the Columbine slayings?

Or the kids who grow up right now in abusive households?

Or the kids who are starving to death in third world countries and would kill a cat just so they can eat?

Or the kids who are told by the media that Arabs are evil and if you're an American you're entitled to killing anyone else who wants the same quality of life that you were born into?

Or the kids who are never disciplined a day in their life because parents and teachers are afraid of going to prison for doing their freaking jobs!

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
transio said:

Or the kids who are told by the media that Arabs are evil and if you're an American you're entitled to killing anyone else who wants the same quality of life that you were born into?
I must have missed that show:confused: :confused: :confused:

Was that before or after the episode on Madrasas?

·
Registered
591 Posts
I saw the ad as showing an act of self defense, much like the pigeon ad. Clearly the cat had been walking on the Ka previously, probably scratching the paint. Maybe it had even pooped on the hood. The SportKa simply was not going to take that kind of abuse much longer!

Ok, it went too far... maybe it should have just swallowed the cat whole and burped. Or let it go after clamping its head for a while, just to teach it a lesson.

If cats would watch this, maybe they wouldn't be so quick to jump up on cars. As they say curiousity killed the cat.

Greg

PS I love animals, even cats and I strongly opposed to real cruelty to animals.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts