1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Tata to Jaguar and Land Rover...

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
badly needed capital to update and expand their product lines.

Now that statement kinda bothered me. What about keeping your traditional products and not worry about growth...Range Rover and the big Jag. Make like a cash cow?

Wait...they probably have earnings growth associated with mgr's bonuses. Thats why the come up with all these screw ball models...

·
Premium Member
26,313 Posts
TaTa - The same company that sells the least expensive car in the world.

It's been fun Jaguar. Say bye-bye.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
As Tigger would say, Ta Ta for Now (TTFN)
(at least until someone else buys it)

(For the clue-less, this is a reference to Winnie-the-Pooh, another English classic)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Couldn't they just have outsourced their customer service to India...

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
Will Jag and Rover dealers be offering a free Nano to buyers instead of $2000 rebates?
Yes, it will come in the boot in place of a spare.
Good for emergency transportation to the Jag/LR parts counter.
:D

·
Registered
836 Posts
I doubt Tata can be a worse owner than Ford or GM. Talking about miss managed business,,,,,,,Ford lost billions on the Land Rover deal,,,,,I hope that the tax payers, share holders, and the suppliers dont have to bail out yet another failure like the airlines :mad:

·
Registered
807 Posts
An Indian company buying the English icons Jaguar and Land Rover.

payback's a b!tch, ain't it mates? rotfl

·
Registered
836 Posts
Kinda the same that Toyota is taking over as the No 1 car company in the world,,,,,revenue and net sales :clap:

·
Registered
270 Posts
Yes, it will come in the boot in place of a spare.
Good for emergency transportation to the Jag/LR parts counter.
:D
i find that extra hillarious cody!!rotfl rotfl

when i worked for land rover (well before ford bought them) they had a promo for a free trek mountain bike and rack if you bought a new discovery. you can only imagine the jokes we made about that being the customers alternate transportation, loan car, way to a pay phone when it leaves them in nowhere land etc.....

what worries me about the deal is warranty labor times and structures are already squeezed out as tight as possible for a flat rate pay scale tech and i am 1000% sure that the penny pinchers at tata will expect that we can live on a bowl of rice and a cobra spleen a day and cut those numbers even lower, hence the paycheck we make for the same amount of work. unfortunately this will get passed on to the customer in door rates at dealers for cp work and parts markup for counter sales and many other creative ways. but ultimately once again the car buisness is going to squeeze the techs the most.

I could be wrong i mean proton sends all the door lock sleeves for lotus from sri lanka with the funniest newspaper personal ads youve ever read wrapped around them. i think they do it on purpose, it sure helps overcome what little that job pays under warranty anyway..... did you know a deaf woman with a computer engineering degree and normal brothers and sisters, can be had with no dowry!

·
Registered
613 Posts
Is this any really worse than Lotus being owned by a failing partially state-owned Malaysian company? It's a sad commentary on the state of the British auto industry. Well, at least Bentley and Rolls are in strong hands.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I thought Ford owned Lotus rotflrotflrotfl

1 - 20 of 26 Posts