The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
for me, I chose to drive my 2001 Stage II+ to work today (chipped, turbo back exhaust, full suspension, etc...). My Elise has spoiled me for all other cars! The S4 feels like a gigantic SUV, the steering wheel feels out of place in my hands, HUGE... the driving position feels strange, the throws (even with UUC short shifter) feels like rowing a boat... the driving experience just felt numb. Have any of you experienced this? Let's hear it.

also, when I arrived at the office, someone said to me - "wow, I forgot you had that car" my response... "me too" And the S4 is a phenominal car to say the least.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
LOL, know the feeling. Have a MR2 turbo, cranked up the boost upgrade wheels/tires, suspension, brakes etc. Took it over when I did my first test drive of the Euro car. Getting back into the MR2 for the drive home was already missing the Elise. That's when I knew I had to get one.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Got to agree, every other car seems like such a pig to me now, and my poor motorcycle has been neglected since I got it and that's been my daily transport for 3+ years.
Chris

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
Excellent point! I used to think my E30 M3 was small, low and agile. It has race seats in it so you sit much lower than stock, and the ride height is setup for STX autocross so it too is lower. Feels like driving a double-decker tour bus compared to the Elise. Still, it goes fast and feels good doing it.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I also have an S4. I used to think it was quite a ride, but now it does feel like driving a bus. The steering wheel IS HUGE! But.....I can park it anywhere and don't need to worry about it. It's just an S4.(Boy,never thought I would be saying that)

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
I used to like my Mitsu Spyder, but it's like driving your father's Buick now. I always comment on how "squishy" it is, and that school bus-sized steering wheel. Yikes.

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
I've got a heavily modified 2001 S4 Avant and the thing is rudely fast but feels like a lowered Nogaro Blue motor home after having only test driven an Elise approx 6 weeks ago.
I bought the HRM Spcl Elise but am now waiting for Intercity to get the car over to the Left Hand coast for me approx 1-1/2 weeks:eek: .
I'm dyin here but it's a sweet wait now:p

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
zvezdah1 said:
Got to agree, every other car seems like such a pig to me now, and my poor motorcycle has been neglected since I got it and that's been my daily transport for 3+ years.
Chris
My current car has been neglected since I got my motorcycle :D

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
babak said:
Funny how that cycle works doesn't it?
And I don't even have a car anymore! And if it wasn't for the Elise, I probably wouldn't even bother with a car.

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
If I lived somewhere that didn't have seasons (SoCal), I'd probably have a motorcycle and the Elise. The motorcycle would be my daily driver :)

·
Supporting Vendor
4,107 Posts
I bought a 993 the last time I sold my motorcycle, thinking it would be a good replacement for a bike. Sorry. Hard to deliver the same feeling with 4 wheels. Wondering if the Elise will make me jetison my current Duck? Naw.

I've been pretty happy with my EVO so I'm curious how the Elise will fully stack up after I've owned it awhile. :confused: Yeah right! The Elise is gonna ROCK! :D

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
The day I bought my Elise it was not planned. I was headed to Atlanta to pick up my Audi Allroad from service (for the 50th time) and only stopped by Lotus of Atlanta for a look. I ended up leaving the AllRoad there for 5 days before I could come back to get it. I thought something was seriously wrong with the AllRoad! I had the suspension on level 1 and it drove like it was all jacked up. Remember, you guys with S4's...Don't they weigh close to 4000lbs? That's about double the weight of the Elise!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts