The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its a sad day. I had plans to fix the car up - but other projects have pushed it to the side and I think I'm better off selling it than letting it set in the garage all winter. If it doesn't sell within the next few weeks its heading to Ebay. 2005 Elise with 23k miles - formerly owned by forum member Shaggy - heres a link to his crash thread http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f3/elise-wreck-53824/ car had mostly cosmetic damage on front and rear clam. It had a bent right rear rim and right rear toe link was bent - they were replaced with a new toe link and rim from fox valley motorcars so suspension and structure are good to go now - only cosmetic stuff to deal with. The car will fire right up and drive down the road and back - sounds great. The car needed a front clam, rear clam, both headlight housings, and the front inner piece that mounts the front clam to the chassis and a diffuser. I have pretty much every part but the rear clam, left side head light, and diffuser. Airbags are good. I am selling the car with the parts I have included (so you get a front clam with minor damage in blue, one new headlight, the fenders, hood pieces, etc.). This would be a great project for someone who wants an extra Elise or to experience a Lotus - I was looking forward to driving it but we have WAY too many projects going on around here. Car has been garaged mostly since it was purchased. Anyone interested is welcome to come see in person or lot drive it. I need to get $18,500 and thats including the parts I have for it (cost me $600 for new headlight, $350 rim, $150 toe link, around 50 or so for marker lights, almost a grand for front clam - has minor damage on lower bottom that needs fixed). Below is a website I listed it on where you can see a few more pictures of the car with the front clam removed. The car has a hard top included. PM me if your interested and I can provide telephone number or more pics. Located in Southern Ohio. Thanks all!

239 Auto Group, Inc. > 2005 Lotus Elise other pics are listed here -

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
imagine: pick up an exige front and/or rear clam + a Katana kit and youre pretty much good to go
only thing really is paint and body work
and if its gonna be a track car, just spray can flat black it...done

ill ask around for ya!

:up:

good luck on the sale

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
My advice, having myslef bought a salvage car, is to take good photos of suspension pickup points on frame and subframe, as it is incredibly easy to damage the frame when suspension loads are transmitted into the car.

Also, it looked like the front crash structure was involved, and that is a bit of work to unbond and replace.

For a talented DIY guy this is a decent deal. If you have to hire out any substantial part fo the work, the car is not worth fixing.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the suspension/frame/subframe are perfect - as for the front crash structure yes it needs replaced - as i said im open to offers but need to get as close to my price as possible to cover what was put into this, thanks for the comments guys!

·
Super Moderator
5,454 Posts
i might be interested, but how much is it going to cost to fix the front frame?

Thanks, Travis
Its not the frame - it is the crash structure. It is a composite component bonded to the front of the chassis. If a new crash structure comes with the car (seller??) it is just a matter of time to remove the old one and bond on the new one.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Anyone considering this might also keep an eye on this Elise, if it gets totaled it would make a great parts car and money source for this project. The other elise should have good headlights ($1000 a piece!), crash structure, wheel/s, rear clam, drivetrain, interior, etc. You could easily swap the good parts over and strip down the unneeded parts to sell off & finance the rest of the project.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts