1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
That idiot Max Mosley is at it again – going back on his deal with FOTA :panic:

What an ego-maniacal jerk

F1 : Mosley - five teams can block F1 peace deal - FIA - F1-Live.com

I love this sport and it is being ruined by ego and greed. How can these fools be put out to pasture???
A 30.06 (or if you prefer metric, 7.62x39) comes to mind. :mad:

Sorry, jk. :eek: I figure Max 'n' Bernie will be around as long as there's money to be made. So Ferrari pulls out? We don't have Team Lotus in there any more either. Something will go on, no doubt. :popcorn:

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They are just stirring it up to keep everyone interested.TADTS

It doesn't seem to be working;

Germany has pulled the plug on F1 in so far as national support due to Bernie's recently announced love and admiration for Hitler

I, as a fan, am ready to pull the plug asI did on the IRL years ago :wallbang:

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
It keeps getting better!!

FOTA explains reasons for walkout
08 July 2009

The Formula One Teams Association (FOTA) has given its reasons, via a full statement, as to why it elected to walk out of a meeting with F1 governing body the FIA at the Nürburgring on Wednesday, claiming that the federation has removed the teams' rights to vote on the regulations for the 2010 World Championship.

With the two parties supposedly meeting to confirm the technical and sporting rules for next year's World Championship on Wednesday - which was due to include the lack of a budget cap but an aim to reduce spending levels to 1990s levels - FOTA has released a statement explaining its full reasons for why its eight members (each current team, with the exception of William and Force India) decided to depart the meeting.

With the FIA claiming on Wednesday that the eight FOTA teams are not yet fully entered to next year's championship - and therefore unable to request changes to proposed FIA rules - FOTA has responded by stating its feelings that rules have already been discussed between the two parties during a Paris meeting in April and furthermore that the FIA's latest actions have compromised the future of the sport.

The full FOTA statement reads:

'Representatives of all FOTA teams attended a meeting of the Sporting Working Group at the Nürburgring today.

During the course of this meeting, the team managers were informed by Mr Charlie Whiting of the FIA that, contrary to previous agreements, the eight FOTA teams are not currently entered into the 2010 FIA Formula One World Championship and have no voting rights in relation to the technical and sporting regulations thereof.

It will be remembered that all eight active FOTA members were included on the "accepted" entry list as endorsed by the FIA World Motor Sport Council (WMSC) and communicated by FIA press statement on June 24.

In light of these claims, the FOTA representatives requested a postponement of today's meetings. This was rejected on the grounds that no new Concorde Agreement would be permitted before a unanimous approval of the 2010 regulations was achieved.

However, it is clear to the FOTA teams that the basis of the 2010 technical and sporting regulations was already established in Paris.

As endorsed by the WMSC and clearly stated in the FIA press statement of 24 June "the rules for 2010 onwards will be the 2009 regulations as well as further regulations agreed prior to 29 April 2009". At no point in the Paris discussions was any requirement for unanimous agreement on regulations change expressed. To subsequently go against the will of the WMSC and the detail of the Paris agreement puts the future of Formula 1 in jeopardy.

As a result of these statements, the FOTA representatives at the subsequent Technical Working Group were not able to exercise their rights and therefore had no option other than to terminate their participation.

The FOTA members undertook the Paris agreement and the subsequent discussions in good faith and with a desire to engage with all new and existing teams on the future of Formula One.'

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
The "prequel" to the post below.

FOTA teams walk out of FIA meeting
08 July 2009

F1 governing body the FIA met with teams at the Nürburgring on Wednesday with an apparent objective of signing off regulations ahead of the 2010 World Championship. With a solution having previously been agreed, yet another variable has been thrown into the mix as the eight FOTA representatives left the meeting early.

As scheduled, the FIA gathered with the eleven teams due to participate in the next year's World Championship on Wednesday, including those of the Formula One Teams Association (FOTA) which comprises of all current teams bar Williams and Force India.

With a €45m budget cap having already been ruled out but an agreement previously discussed between the parties to cut spending levels back to 1990s levels, the FIA reminded non-FOTA teams on Tuesday that all 11 competitors must agree to any rule modifications due to take place, whether suggested by FOTA or not.

It appears that Wednesday's meeting has proved unsuccessful, however, with an FIA statement reading as follows:

'Following the decision of the World Council on 24 June to revert to the pre-29 April version of the 2010 F1 Sporting and Technical Regulations, the FIA today met the teams which have entered the 2010 Championship to seek their agreement to these changes.

All changes have now been agreed subject only to the maintenance of the minimum weight at 620 kg and the signing of a legally binding agreement between all the teams competing in 2010 to reduce costs to the level of the early 1990s within two years, as promised by the FOTA representative in Paris on 24 June.

The eight FOTA teams were invited to attend the meeting to discuss their further proposals for 2010. Unfortunately no discussion was possible because FOTA walked out of the meeting.'

It keeps getting better!!

FOTA explains reasons for walkout
08 July 2009

The Formula One Teams Association (FOTA) has given its reasons, via a full statement, as to why it elected to walk out of a meeting with F1 governing body the FIA at the Nürburgring on Wednesday, claiming that the federation has removed the teams' rights to vote on the regulations for the 2010 World Championship.

With the two parties supposedly meeting to confirm the technical and sporting rules for next year's World Championship on Wednesday - which was due to include the lack of a budget cap but an aim to reduce spending levels to 1990s levels - FOTA has released a statement explaining its full reasons for why its eight members (each current team, with the exception of William and Force India) decided to depart the meeting.

With the FIA claiming on Wednesday that the eight FOTA teams are not yet fully entered to next year's championship - and therefore unable to request changes to proposed FIA rules - FOTA has responded by stating its feelings that rules have already been discussed between the two parties during a Paris meeting in April and furthermore that the FIA's latest actions have compromised the future of the sport.

The full FOTA statement reads:

'Representatives of all FOTA teams attended a meeting of the Sporting Working Group at the Nürburgring today.

During the course of this meeting, the team managers were informed by Mr Charlie Whiting of the FIA that, contrary to previous agreements, the eight FOTA teams are not currently entered into the 2010 FIA Formula One World Championship and have no voting rights in relation to the technical and sporting regulations thereof.

It will be remembered that all eight active FOTA members were included on the "accepted" entry list as endorsed by the FIA World Motor Sport Council (WMSC) and communicated by FIA press statement on June 24.

In light of these claims, the FOTA representatives requested a postponement of today's meetings. This was rejected on the grounds that no new Concorde Agreement would be permitted before a unanimous approval of the 2010 regulations was achieved.

However, it is clear to the FOTA teams that the basis of the 2010 technical and sporting regulations was already established in Paris.

As endorsed by the WMSC and clearly stated in the FIA press statement of 24 June "the rules for 2010 onwards will be the 2009 regulations as well as further regulations agreed prior to 29 April 2009". At no point in the Paris discussions was any requirement for unanimous agreement on regulations change expressed. To subsequently go against the will of the WMSC and the detail of the Paris agreement puts the future of Formula 1 in jeopardy.

As a result of these statements, the FOTA representatives at the subsequent Technical Working Group were not able to exercise their rights and therefore had no option other than to terminate their participation.

The FOTA members undertook the Paris agreement and the subsequent discussions in good faith and with a desire to engage with all new and existing teams on the future of Formula One.'

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Does F1 have a Health care Power of Attorney worked out so that we can pull the plug soon, when it is declared brain dead?

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
so if i understand this correctly, a few weeks ago, there was an agreement made between F1/FIA and FOTA. all was good.
Now, the FIA/F1 has basically said no, we are not going to honor that agreement, and you need to accept our original terms.
so now FOTA has lost valuable time to get their new season going as a seperate racing group.

if this is the case, then it is clear to me that FOTA needs to move on, as the FIA cannot be trusted at their word. its either that, or be ruled by idiots.

what happened to max resigning?

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
what happened to max resigning?
He got bent out of shape and reverted to being a douche bag. The prick isn't to be trusted.

Mosley slams FOTA behaviour
25 June 2009

In another dramatic twist of events, FIA president Max Mosley has said that he is reassessing whether to step down from the job. With a peace deal seemingly struck between the governing body and FOTA on Wednesday, Mosley has explained how the latter has made 'deliberate attempts' to confuse the media over the matter.

As Wednesday's news looked to have finally brought an end to the ongoing war of words between the two parties and therefore clearing FOTA's threat of a breakaway series, the FIA published the full 13-team line-up for the 2010 World Championship. However, having deciding not to stand for re-election at the end of his current term, Mosley has now stated that FOTA presentation of information was delivered in such a manner than the media has been 'deliberately confused'.

'Given your FOTA's deliberate attempt to mislead the media, I now consider my options open,' Mosley wrote in a letter to FOTA chairman Luca di Montezemolo, seen by the RaceFax website. 'At least until October, I am president of the FIA with the full authority of that office. After that it is the FIA member clubs, not you or FOTA, who will decide on the future leadership of the FIA.' Mosley's mention of 'member clubs' refers to the various motorsport bodies of each country, such as the British Racing Drivers' Club (BRDC) in the United Kingdom.

The FIA president went on to state that, having believed that more openness would be given from both organisations, FOTA has already broken ranks. 'We made a deal yesterday in Paris to end the recent difficulties in Formula 1,' Mosley wrote. 'A fundamental part of this was that we would both present a positive and truthful account to the media.

I was therefore astonished to learn that FOTA has been briefing the press that Mr Boeri (president of FIA senate) has taken charge of Formula 1, something which you know is completely untrue; that I had been forced out of office, also false; and, apparently, that I would have no role in the FIA after October, something which is plain nonsense, if only because of the FIA statutes.

Furthermore, you have suggested to the media that I was a 'dictator', an accusation which is grossly insulting to the 26 members of the World Motor Sport Council who have discussed and voted all the rules and procedures of Formula 1 since the 1980s, not to mention the representatives of the FIA's 122 countries who have democratically endorsed everything I and my World Motor Sport Council colleagues have done during the last 18 years.'

With this in mind, it is clear that the FIA and FOTA remain far from agreement with the sport's future still hanging in the balance. 'If you wish the agreement we made to have any chance of survival, you and FOTA must immediately rectify your actions,' Mosley warned di Montezemelo and FOTA. 'You must correct the false statements which have been made and make no further such statements. You yourself must issue a suitable correction and apology at your press conference this afternoon.

Formula 1 is run entirely by our 25-strong team without any help from me or any other outsider. There was no need for me to involve myself further in Formula 1 once we had a settlement. Equally, I had a long-standing plan not to seek re-election in October. It was therefore possible for me to confirm both points to you yesterday.'

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Why hasn't there been a hit :)thwack:) or three for business purposes? Hell in DC a couple of thousand will get someone dead and in Baltimore it's in the hundreds.

Italy? Ferrari? C'mon people! Semi - -poke-

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Why hasn't there been a hit :)thwack:) or three for business purposes? Hell in DC a couple of thousand will get someone dead and in Baltimore it's in the hundreds.

Italy? Ferrari? C'mon people! Semi - -poke-
Yeah, it is amazing that some people continue to breathe despite their behaviors. Problem is that honourable people don't resort to such, while people who exercise "pure meanness" (my Grandmother's words) are the one's who deserve to be hit. :thwack:

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sadly, I agree. FOTA should move at full speed to set up their new series at the same time denying engines to all F1 teams for 2010.

I would miss the action - BUT - how cool would it bee to see the 2009 season contested only by Williams and Force India after all the FOTA teams experienced mechanical problems on the first lap or two. That would make F1's infamous race at Indy seem exciting by comparison.

I would LOVE to see Bernie's face as he trys to explain to advertisers why there are only 4 cars on the track race after race :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
well i said it before - they should have broke away years ago, and they should have broke away this year... yada yada - same old... nothing suprises me.

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
well i said it before - they should have broke away years ago, and they should have broke away this year... yada yada - same old... nothing suprises me.
+1

I miss the days of real technological competition... a more open formula, and plenty of room for creativity. Although Brawn GP was able to capitalize on an ambiguity in the regs, I think it's much better to have more clearly open regs...

Here's the real question: would Colin Chapman have been able to make even half the revolutionary engineering/design breakthroughs if Bernie and Max were running F1 back in the 60s and 70s?

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Pretty sure, whatever is driving this inability to communicate, is money. Money, money, money, and more money.

FOTA doesn't have many quality tracks to race on if they did break away ... Monaco?

But the reality is, F1 cars could go faster for less money if the regs were opened up.

Maybe that's why MotoGP is drawing larger crowds than F1 and more and more sponsors each year. Heck, I even got to see MotoGP "qualifying" on TV in addition to the race, what's next practice??!! WoooHoo.

Rob

1 - 20 of 36 Posts