·
Premium Member
289 Posts
Kimi did great. Good start for Lotus.

·
Ticket Magnet
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes Kim did do well. I just got done watching the replay and he did well there as well. Must have found a good Australian bar.

Jenson rocked.

Anyone try take the Pirelli challenge? I joined but didn't spend a lot of time on it. I'll have to check and see if we can do a group thing among Lotus owners. Go to Pirelli GP Challenge | Play an online fantasy game and win a trip to an F1 race and check it out!

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
It was a shame Grosjean's Lotus got taken out so early after his incredible qualifying session. The good news, if they keep this up, the Lotus brand should get some decent camera time this season.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I think Grosjean is the 'new kid' to watch this year. I'm still a McLaren fan at heart, but I'm excited to see Lotus perform.

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
Go Schumi!!! Show 'em what an old man can do!!! :shift::shift::shift:

·
Registered
979 Posts
Go Schumi!!! Show 'em what an old man can do!!! :shift::shift::shift:
+1. I think it's pretty cool that he can still hang with guys half his age. Also bummed that he's had some bad luck the first 2 races, where he qualified well enough to start 2nd row both times. He's still a top 10 driver at 43 and better than his teammate Rosberg.

·
Ticket Magnet
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was surprised by the lackluster performance in the wet of the entire field. I would have thought someones would have walked away. Schuie was about the only potential performer to have a good reason why.
Remember the days when he would walk away in the rain? Granted, he usually had an entire car with which to do it....
Mansel, Roseburg, I thought they were great and then I saw this video -

and wonder what happened last weekend. I didn't know we were in such esteeemed company of wet weather masters!

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
I was surprised by the lackluster performance in the wet of the entire field. I would have thought someones would have walked away. Schuie was about the only potential performer to have a good reason why.
Remember the days when he would walk away in the rain? Granted, he usually had an entire car with which to do it....
Mansel, Roseburg, I thought they were great and then I saw this video -

F1 Rain Masters - YouTube

and wonder what happened last weekend. I didn't know we were in such esteeemed company of wet weather masters!
Agreed. I too was a bit surprised and disappointed. All I can think is that it has more to do with decreased aero grip and lack of driver aides, than skill.

The video that always does it for me:

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Serebo1,
That video almost made me ill, I couldn't corner like that in the dry on hoosier slicks. It is amazing driving.

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
Serebo1,
That video almost made me ill, I couldn't corner like that in the dry on hoosier slicks. It is amazing driving.
Right? The thing about it that really blows me away - aside from the 1/4 mile long rooster tails and three wheels on the slippery white curbing - is that I don't think he lifted a bit through Eau Rouge. Note the number of corrections he makes through the turn. You hear the RPM's drop, but I'm almost positive that is a result of extreme compression from the vertical g's. :shift:

·
hello
284 Posts

I always think of this video when it comes to f1 in the wet.

Schumacher would probably be in the podium if he was not taken out in Malaysia.

1 - 20 of 165 Posts