The Lotus Cars Community banner

41 - 60 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
This summer break is killing me, thank God it went fast. Looking forward to this weekend.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
*spoiler**SPOILER**spoiler**SPOILER**spoiler**SPOILER**spoiler**SPOILER**spoiler**SPOILER**spoiler**SPOILER**spoiler**SPOILER**spoiler**SPOILER**spoiler**SPOILER*
*spoiler**SPOILER**spoiler**SPOILER**spoiler**SPOILER**spoiler**SPOILER**spoiler**SPOILER**spoiler**SPOILER**spoiler**SPOILER**spoiler**SPOILER**spoiler**SPOILER*
I was pleased with Kimi's 3rd place, nobody was going to catch Button with his 15 second lead he developed early on. According to F1 rules you must be within 1 second to user your DRS to overtake the car ahead of you. I think Romain reacted badly to the car which had a "fast start" off the line at the beginning of the race. It really looked like he cut across the nose of the car and set up the chain reaction wreck which took several people out of the running. This may results in penalties being applied in Italy next weekend. Schumacher made a good showing for having lost 6th gear for the last 5-10 minutes of the race. (Sorry, I am an old Schumacher fan).

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Kimi's pass of Schumacher was a thing of beauty (my favorite part of the whole race). The timing involved in waiting for the DRS detection zone, THEN a balls-out pass in the toughest turn on the circuit :shift:, and finally a "I hope he doesn't catch me" run down the straightaway :clap: :bow:. Kimi was well away by the end of the straight, it's hard to say if it would have worked if Schumacher still had 6th gear...

I think Romain reacted badly to the car which had a "fast start" off the line at the beginning of the race.
That was a heck of a start. Maybe technically legal because it didn't appear that the car actually MOVED until milliseconds after the lights were out, but dayum, it wasn't many milliseconds. It looked like about 2 frames of video (2/30=1/15th of a second).

(Sorry, I am an old Schumacher fan).
I'm just old. Can't decide whether to root for Lotus because my car says Lotus too (although at least mine was actually MADE by Lotus), or Caterham because I like their colors. The black and gold doesn't do it for me, fast cars should be green and/or yellow :p

GROSJEAN HAS DONE IT AGAIN!!! VICTORY @ SPAAAA!!!!!
Ouch.

·
Ticket Magnet
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
I KNEW there was a reason I didn't want to go anywhere for Labor Day Weekend!
Next year I promise myself that I'll get a DVR!
Til then, anytime you want to see a great race, send me on a trip to somewhere that doesn't have television.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
The start form Mal was incrediible..... The lights were 'off' when he made the jump.... what the hell was up with the rest of the starting line?

·
Registered
207 Posts
He jumped it, and got a 5 grid penalty. The UK sky broadcast shows him moving with the red lights on. It seemed ok in the Speed broadcast though...but he even said his finger slipped off the clutch.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
An incredible race, from lights-out to checkered flag it'll go down as a great race. Kimi gets the "large attachments" award for his flawlessly timed pass on Schumi at Eau Rouge, simply amazing. Big props to Jenson for a perfect weekend, and McLaren for the ~2 second pit stop.

Big disappointment re: Grosjean squeezing Hamilton and causing a jaw dropping splash of carbon shards.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I can only imagine how tightly clenched Bernie and Lotus exec's are with those podium interviews in front of everyone as Kimi answers the interviewer's questions.

·
Registered
80 Posts
An incredible race, from lights-out to checkered flag it'll go down as a great race. Kimi gets the "large attachments" award for his flawlessly timed pass on Schumi at Eau Rouge, simply amazing. Big props to Jenson for a perfect weekend, and McLaren for the ~2 second pit stop.

Big disappointment re: Grosjean squeezing Hamilton and causing a jaw dropping splash of carbon shards.
indeed, indeed, a good race except for grosjeans what-ever-you-call-it.
Kimi has BIG balls, and brilliant strategy:bow:.
let's not forget schumi blocking vettle in front of the pit entrance, a POS move.:thwack:

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Via radio transmission to Vettle, "whatever Schumacher does, do the opposite". I think Vettle was just following the plan. Otherwise, yes, it would have been blocking.

41 - 60 of 165 Posts