The Lotus Cars Community banner

101 - 120 of 165 Posts

·
Ticket Magnet
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Finally! I have internet & cable at this house and Kimi and Gros are moving up AND the TV hours are when I might even be awake (no DVR). Formula One, Here we go!

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
I like the facilities and especially the pit exit.
As long as that fingering idiot doesn't go pole to finish and turn the race into a giant merry-go-round then I'll be content.

Looked like Kimi and RoGro was pretty fast this FP2, btw.
It will be interesting to see what happens when someone gets sideways in the pit exit tunnel. M Webber almost did so in practice yesterday.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Qualifying was interesting. Vettel was nearly a half second behind Hamilton, could not get it back to the pits and now has to start from the back. Kimi moves up to row 2.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
bwhahaha

Now, to be serious, I'm not hating on Vettel.
I admire his talent as a driver and he has what it takes to win.
It's just that I want races that are interesting to watch. 'Races' where one man is basically doing a qualifying run for 2 hours all by himself while everyone behind him is battling for whichever leftover positions they can get gets tiring, although entertaining none the less.
An Epic battle like Jensen overtaking Seb at the final lap in Montreal last year is something I love to see. Hopefully, tomorrow, we can see Seb clawing his way up through the grid and actually fight for a podium finish.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Abu Dhabi, WOW. I don't want to give any spoilers for those who are watching it later today. But, make the time to watch this race. It is far from the "sterile" race some people suspected it would be. Right now it is Lap 42 of 55, it is all far from over.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Spoiler^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Spoiler^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Spoiler^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Spoiler^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Spoiler^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Spoiler^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Spoiler^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Spoiler^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Spoiler^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Spoiler^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Spoiler^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Spoiler^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Spoiler^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Spoiler^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Spoiler^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Spoiler^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Spoiler^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Kimi Wins!!!

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Romain was doing really well until the "incident"

·
Ticket Magnet
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
THAT is racing ... On several levels. Hate to spoil anything but definitely the best race to watch in a long time.

·
Registered
7,008 Posts
How entertaining, on so many levels.

·
Registered
256 Posts
If you are a true F1-Fan, this race is one for the books. It will be remembered for the longest time. Kimi stepped on top of the podium the first time in 25 years - for Lotus! Hate him or love him, Seb is a remarkable driver. Can you remember when a driver started a race from pit road and finished among the 1st 3? I guess he was German, too, just a little older ...

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Now, to be serious, I'm not hating on Vettel.
I admire his talent as a driver and he has what it takes to win.
It's just that I want races that are interesting to watch. 'Races' where one man is basically doing a qualifying run for 2 hours all by himself while everyone behind him is battling for whichever leftover positions they can get gets tiring, although entertaining none the less.
An Epic battle like Jensen overtaking Seb at the final lap in Montreal last year is something I love to see. Hopefully, tomorrow, we can see Seb clawing his way up through the grid and actually fight for a podium finish.
I know I'm quoting myself, but WOW, that was a helluva race.
A HUGE congrats to Kimi for a superb race! And Kimi saying "just leave me alone, I know what I'm doing!" and "yeah yeah yeah yes yes yes yes, gotta warm up the tires" over team radio was Hilarious!
Props to Vettel for clawing his way back to podium from the back of the grid!
Epic fight for the 1st place the last 10 laps from Alonso!

Man, that was the race of the year!

·
Ticket Magnet
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
I am watching the replay now. It looks like Kimi is going to win the replay as well! This is sooo cool. We need "25th anniversary win" model. Hope she's hot!

101 - 120 of 165 Posts