1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Overall the testing has been night and day from last year. Although the new power plant has had a lot to do with it, it appears the chassis is back to what it was as of 2013 (i.e., competitive!). However, let's not curse it! Let's see how they do at the final test next week. Also, I'm hoping RoGro is competitive tomorrow.

·
Registered
207 Posts
He was on the super softs. Lewis was less than two seconds behind in the mediums. It's just marketing, but a good improvement from last year.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Romain Grosjean was the fastest on day 4, and I think the fastest overall at the end of those 4 days of testing.

His time was set on super soft tires, 0.254s faster than #2 Rosberg, who was running medium tires.

It's good to see Lotus in the front. Obviously the Mercedes will be very hard to beat, but I would love to see Grosjean fighting for the podium again this year.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Absolutely correct. Earlier it was hard to say what was really going on, but it was nice to see good times. However, now with the second test complete and Lotus having posted the fastest overall time, it appears to be going definitively in the right direction.

Final test is later this week and that should be a good barometer for where the teams will fall on the first race weekend.

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
last year all the time gaps were due to the FIA not allowing engine development... so the racing was fixed from day one. all this testing shows is that the other engines are coming onto spec, and the gaps seem to be less dramatic. so hopefully, it will be a more realistic and less artificial year.

plus vie always said maldo is a very good driver and gets a bad rap... he has a great record, you side of F1.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts