The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Longer Wheel base tham MR2 and wider wheel base.......something new i think!
Cheers
Mike

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,642 Posts
It's clearly an MR-S, but perhaps it's a pumped up, high performance version?

·
Registered
758 Posts
The only threat to the Elise is Lotus :D

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
I see an MR2 Spyder with a body kit.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Maybe Toyota engineers were shamed into coming up with something to compare to the Elise (look at what they did to OUR engine!!!) :confused:

·
Registered
34 Posts
It's a threat because:

1. The MRS-Spyder costs $24-25k

2. Weights only 10-15% more than Elise but cost 40% less.

3. It may have the 2zz or a new 2.0 liter NA engine + possible hybrid.

For a tuner car, it will be better buy than a Elise because of price and better/wider aftermarket support.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Looks a bit like the new Boxster but since it was revealed would they still be testing it? Anyway, that new VW looks great. They said there were going to be very little changes from those pictures to production.

New Boxster:

·
Registered
758 Posts
That VW look awesome !! :)

If it comes out before I get a chance to get the Elise (which wouldn't suprise me), it will be a serious threat to the Elise (at least for me).

But I don't think it looks like the one on the track ...

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Doesn't look like either one to me. Also, the word is that Toyota is supposed to discontinue the MR-2.

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
Gromit said:
That VW look awesome !! :)

If it comes out before I get a chance to get the Elise (which wouldn't suprise me), it will be a serious threat to the Elise (at least for me).

But I don't think it looks like the one on the track ...
0- 62 = 5.2 sec... not bad

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
Vantage said:
Projected weight?
Very heavy?... sorry don't have that info. But you figure 260 bhp to go from 0-62 in 5.2 secs. it's probably around the same weight of a BMW M roadster (S52= 240 bhp - 0-60 in about 5.5sec), which weighs around 3000 lbs. I'm just guessing.

Neil

·
Registered
157 Posts
I'm not even close to being tempted by either one (boxter or VW or a new MR2). Seems to be minor changes to the same mass produced type roadster. Not that new or appealing. I'll stick with the Elise, thank you.:)

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
1) The car is obviously an MR2.

2) The announcement said that the MR2 was being discontinued in the US, not throughout the world.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts