The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not everyone has gotten the message, so let me mention it one more time, and also give me the opportunity to introduce the new overlor....er..admins.

Here is the thread explaining why the forum was sold.
http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f24/lotustalk-autoforums-55726/

There are some positives with the sale and also some changes. You will notice a new server (faster for some, slower for others... which indicates router issues IMO). New styling. Some like it, some are getting used to it. :)

The google ads I always had on the bottom of the page, are now up under the sponsor banner. There are also more ads for those who are not logged in. Basically lurkers are getting motivation to register. :)

Commercial enterprises will not be allowed to advertise on the forums for free. I do not think this will impact the hobbyist or individual sellers.

Two new admins have been added to the staff. One is Doug "El Calor" who will be handling the sponsorship, banners, etc. Note how he has been creating separate forums for the sponsors so they can discuss their products, etc.

The other admin is Dan "dascrow." He will be involved in the behind the scenes stuff.

For the time being, I would not expect much else to change. We will not be changing the forum and community rules. Banned people will stay banned. :)

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
For the time being, I would not expect much else to change. We will not be changing the forum and community rules. Banned people will stay banned. :)
Can we add a few more to the list?
rotfl

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Do our new overloards have a policy on Lotus Intellectual Property?

This is the policy from s2ki

Using HONDA Trademarks

The use of HONDA owned trademarks on or in connection with your product or item is not permitted without a license to use those marks. This rule will be strictly enforced, all threads promoting a product or service bearing such marks will be removed.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hello everyone! My name is Doug and I will mainly be handling the Supporting Vendors and tech issues. If anyone has any issues or questions that fall into those categories please feel free to shoot me a PM :shift:

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Welcome! Our new Lord and Master! :D

Seriously, welcome to Lotustalk. :) Also, can we have a link to the sponsors page?

And this may sound a bit strange but Elisetalk use to have a calendar which I've found that helpful may times over. I suppose it's because I have Lotus Talk open more than my Outlook. :D

·
shay2nak
25,042 Posts
:wave:

what happened to the preview line when you leave the mouse cursor on a thread?

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts