The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No S2 Exige!! ? that I can find. Only the V6...

In fact the Lotus cars I've seen have been limited to:
2013 E21 F1
2012 Exige S
2009 2-Eleven
2002 Esprit V8
1971 Élan Sprint

I'm kind of sad.....

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
I'd hoped to see the Evora. Guess I'm not buyin although it looks graphically cool.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Also, I was upgrading my new Exige and found this lotus upgrade. It's the street hood! My question is, WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?!?!?

Looks like 4 holes! For god's sake, please tell me what the hell this ugly POS is. I thought they were lights at first, but it says it provides a performance increase...

ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1385220461.377660.jpg

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
LOL what the hell is that? It looks like rally car lights

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Pretty sure that's what they're trying to do as it looks like the Exige rally car I've seen. I too got an One/Forza 5 but so far have been a little disappointed. That said I can't drive the thing at all with a controller so I'll have to wait until my Thrustmaster TX wheel arrives (whenever that is, was supposed to be yesterday but nada).

Once I get setup we should friend each other and try some online racing.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pretty sure that's what they're trying to do as it looks like the Exige rally car I've seen. I too got an One/Forza 5 but so far have been a little disappointed. That said I can't drive the thing at all with a controller so I'll have to wait until my Thrustmaster TX wheel arrives (whenever that is, was supposed to be yesterday but nada).

Once I get setup we should friend each other and try some online racing.
Yeah, I'm a bit disappointed as well. My gamertag is FerrariF1974

Look me up and we can race. That goes for everyone else reading this as well! :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
I cant believe no s2 Elise!!!!

·
Registered
945 Posts
I was considering getting an Xbox One over a PS4 this generation for Forza 5 alone, but the car and track list is so lackluster that I'm going to let the console wars sort themselves out for 9 months or so (until a price drop) and then see where things stand.

It feels like they rushed the Forza 5 team to launch with the console knowing that they could fill in content and make more money with DLC later - not a bad idea but annoying for people spending $60 on what's effectively half a game.

Maybe in a few months they'll have some more tracks and an S2 Elise or Exige out as part of a DLC rollup pack at a reasonable price.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I was considering getting an Xbox One over a PS4 this generation for Forza 5 alone, but the car and track list is so lackluster that I'm going to let the console wars sort themselves out for 9 months or so (until a price drop) and then see where things stand.

It feels like they rushed the Forza 5 team to launch with the console knowing that they could fill in content and make more money with DLC later - not a bad idea but annoying for people spending $60 on what's effectively half a game.

Maybe in a few months they'll have some more tracks and an S2 Elise or Exige out as part of a DLC rollup pack at a reasonable price.
SAME!

·
Registered
623 Posts
Personally I'd rather have a modest number of tracks. To drive any track at a decent level you have to learn it, and learn it well.

Having lots of tracks just means never properly getting to grips with any of them.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I'm out as my Fantec setup is no longer compatible. That rig costs twice the XBox, so it's easy to guess what goes and what stays. I think I will likely end up at iRacing or simraceway.

More realistic anyway

·
Registered
945 Posts
Personally I'd rather have a modest number of tracks. To drive any track at a decent level you have to learn it, and learn it well.

Having lots of tracks just means never properly getting to grips with any of them.
I agree that you need to learn a track well to drive it well.

But having more tracks doesn't mean I need to drive more of them... it means it's more likely they'll have my favorites!

I think GT6 is on the right path with the announced course creator - it'd be awesome to have the $$$ backing of a major console title for detailed car modeling, sounds, and dynamics but also be able to drive even somewhat rough approximations of my local tracks. The PC sims really fall down in the car modeling department IMO (probably since it's really expensive).

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
As having forza 4 on Xbox 360, gran turismo 5 on PS3 with a Logitech G25, and having just purchased a Xbox One for Forza 5; I'm severely disappointed in Forza 5.

The tire physics algorithm seems way different in Forza 5 from Forza 4. I can drive the same car at Silverstone on both games and on Forza 5 the brakes lock up, the oversteer/understeer are greatly exaggerated, and the car just doesn't seem natural. The graphics are amazing but if the driving feel isn't right, what's the point?

I can't see throwing good money after bad and ordering a thrust master steering wheel for the Xbox one, as I think the driving experience will still be frustrating.

Curious what everyone else thinks and please report your thoughts once the thrust master wheel arrives.

Thanks

·
Registered
393 Posts
5 seems to really want to make the fwd cars drive somewhat more like a rwd. I'm guessing ken block had something to do with this. The graphics are pretty but I wouldn't say this is a simulation game. There is still a bit of arcade type driving to be had here. Just my under inflated opinion.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 17 of 17 Posts