The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So has anyone else been playing the Horizon demo? At first I was a little put off by the $50 season pass. I am very against the current trend in DLC where they plan it from the beginning and withhold content to make DLC with rather than make a game as full as possible and then improve it later to extend its life. I was debating canceling my preorder but after playing the demo I am certainly going to get it, but am still not planning on getting any DLC unless the specific pack is well worth it. Other than that I saw a "full" list of cars that is less than full, but either way it had the Exige, Exige 240 and no Elise. I hope this isn't true, especially since in an open world cross country racing game I would much prefer a convertible, esp with my preference to the in-car view.

Anyone else play it or have any thoughts?

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
1,738 Posts
I don't know why... but this version of Forza just doesn't interest me. Granted I haven't played it yet. I'm hoping this will be the arcade version so that the REAL Forza can get endurance racing back!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Get the demo. It's a bit arcady but not that much, you can tell there is still a real physics engine underneath. They just toned down some factors to make it more enjoyable since you might not want realistic turn in physics when dodging oncoming traffic at 100+ mph. It feels amazing and looks unbelievable. Give it a shot.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Open world with traffic you don't want perfectly real, it would just be a PITA.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
The non-racing parts seem to have come directly from the DIRT series.
I like the GPS....nice to know when the next turn is coming up.

Physics seemed OK...I think the Dodge Viper really does steer by running along the guardrails, right?:D

·
Registered
285 Posts
I preorderd this from amazon this morning for xbox360 because it looks fun, and I like video games. There might be some physics from Forza but even Forza physics are cro-mag compared to Iracing. It's all fun though.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I played it. I really enjoyed it. The event / festival / whatever it is reminds me of the old NOPI events from way back when.

Will there be towns and cities, or only sprawling countryside?

I'm also kind of bummed there isn't an Elise (yet?). All I do in the Forza games is build an Elise and race it haha

My one major gripe is the ridiculous tire grip. Taking hair-pin turns at a bajillion miles per hour in a stock evo / old mustang doesn't seem right haha. The wrist bands on the driver aren't quite my style. I'm hoping I can customize the driver in the full game so I can remove them.

I heard there was no real tuning in this? I mean, it seems like it's a more arcadey type game, but I was really hoping for some tuning

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I also heard there was no tuning and then I heard that this was incorrect and there is tuning. I didn't bother to click on either link but as far as I know you can tune.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts