1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
..more brinkmanship?..

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
I don't think there is any comparison to CART or IRL. In both of those cases the teams, and the series, fell into the "who gives a crap" category. More people watch a single F1 race than the entire season of IRL and CART combined (except the Indy 500).

The issue here will be who will the fans follow, the teams or the governing body. I know where I stand, I'll be watching/following the FOTA.

ps. Max should have been "retired" a long time ago imo...

·
Registered
527 Posts
:popcorn: Run them both on the same day the F1"B" (budget) and F1 together and announce two winners one for each series. Would that be wild!

·
Registered
508 Posts
I don't think there is any comparison to CART or IRL. In both of those cases the teams, and the series, fell into the "who gives a crap" category. More people watch a single F1 race than the entire season of IRL and CART combined (except the Indy 500).

The issue here will be who will the fans follow, the teams or the governing body. I know where I stand, I'll be watching/following the FOTA.

ps. Max should have been "retired" a long time ago imo...
People seem to forget that prior to the split CART was more popular in the US than Nascar. Several of the major teams and better drivers left with CART but the presumed advantage was lost. This is very similar. In fact, I bet bernie will prop up the old F1 in much the way that TG had to.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
if the FIA didn't get rid of mosley when german whores were caught on videotape stuffing a bullwhip up his ass, i doubt they will care about him destroying f1.

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
I'm all for this. Mosley and Bernie have been a shame to the sport for too long.
Lots of questions. What to call the new series? "Not F1 lite"
How will the media follow? What will SPEED do?
What will be Max' fitting future? Chaffeur for Bernie?

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I guess F1 is now f.25

Just for fun, if Max forces them to appear, Ferrari and Red Bull should run a bunch of rebadged fenderless Honda Insights in 2010. Just paint them white with no sponsor or manufacturer markings whatsoever. Perrhaps just a barcode which translates into "bite me" Cost containment should not be a problem.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
On a more serious note -

If things get really ugly what will F1 do for engines.

Thought #3
This could become a solar powered series - very green - slow, but green. :D

·
Registered
311 Posts
I have been waiting for this news for a long time. F1 was in such a need of a shakeup i could not believe this took so long honestly. I think paying Ferrari under the table for so long probably helped keep it together as soon as they tried to screw them too it was all over. This also means we will not have to see "team lotus" shame the lotus name...

·
Registered
200 Posts
More to follow

Hopefully more of the teams on the sidelines waiting to herre if they are on the grid for next year will withdraw trheir entries as N.Technology has. Mosley and Bernie have wayyyy too much control. As much as I like to see this happen, how will FOTA put together a series for next year so quickly? Bernie also has so much control over the venues and tv.:shrug:

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Hopefully more of the teams on the sidelines waiting to herre if they are on the grid for next year will withdraw trheir entries as N.Technology has. Mosley and Bernie have wayyyy too much control. As much as I like to see this happen, how will FOTA put together a series for next year so quickly? Bernie also has so much control over the venues and tv.:shrug:
Bernie's agreements with the tracks were predicated on having 20 cars on the grid. If he can't produce that, the tracks might be able to say FU, and I hope they do.

A FOTA run series could result in cheaper ticket prices and keeping or bringing back venues that Bernie axed.

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out Bernie, you troll. And take that Nazi Max with you. :thwack:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts