The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
As the cooler weather approaches I have decided I will go get this car, I will not be keeping it as I have too many other projects right now, I promise pictures of the extraction and a fair price for the car.

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
I've been taught to always listen to Dad but in this case I have to disagree, give the guy $200 an spend the next 5 years +$40K on the restoration!! heck you only live once....

·
Registered
52 Posts
I know of a '66 S2 Elan near Watkins Glen. Its very rough. Been stashed in a friends barn for years amongst his forever growing collections of vehicles. He knows I want it but being a hoarder he has a very hard time parting with anything. I've been trying to get it for a couple of years, eventually I should get it but it will take counseling and/or bribery to convince him......

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
just found a 63 (?) siting in a field with a couple of other older english cars, was sitting under a truck cap to keep rain out, looks rough but complete , any idea what i should offer for this thing?
Photo please. Or has it been hauled away already?

Where is VA is it?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
OP here, sorry to leave you all hanging here. It has been a crazy year for me, wife has had serious illness,house has demanded a lot of time and money from me. So it is getting cooler here now so as the overgrowth dies off I will be going after this car, I promise pics of it in its natural state as found and pics of extraction, ,it will be for sale as I have way too many cars already.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sitting in a field the frame is likely shot. Grass and soft ground trap moisture like nobody's business.

In for pictures though.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts