The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
ekological said:
Was at a park today snapping some pics when I see this car that from afar, looked like the Esprit...except it had all these scoops...
Isn't the white Lambo a Diablo? I remember seeing one once and it looked as low, if not lower, in height than the Elise.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Re: Found a car as low as the Elise

Ridgemanron said:
Isn't the white Lambo a Diablo? I remember seeing one once and it looked as low, if not lower, in height than the Elise.
Yup...that sure is a Diablo. The guy said it was one of twenty made...some sort of special edition. It was very close. The seat was as low as the Elise...and it looked awkward getting in and out compared to the Elise...but then again, his door lifted up and out of the way ;)

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
Does anybody else think it's strange that the firing order is printed right there in the engine bay? If I had a Diablo, I'd really hope that my mechanic had a shop manual somewhere.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
It does look odd. I guess you can't be too sure...

·
Registered
211 Posts
Wow, makes our cars look very short and stubby :)

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
andykeck said:
Does anybody else think it's strange that the firing order is printed right there in the engine bay? If I had a Diablo, I'd really hope that my mechanic had a shop manual somewhere.
I think it's just a little "surprise & delight" feature designed to make the car more enchanting... When the salesman points to the engine bay, and the potential customer sees the firing order chart, he gets all warm and fuzzy inside, thinking, "Wow -- this thing is an intensely technical, mechanical masterpiece!"

It's nothing more than a clever reminder that the car boasts a V-12.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
eko,
What park was that? Was there an auto x or something? It looks like a great place to open up any of those cars pictured.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
eliseowner2b said:
eko,
What park was that? Was there an auto x or something? It looks like a great place to open up any of those cars pictured.
It's a national recreational park called Floyd Bennett Field in Brooklyn, NY. It used to be an airforce base and I believe the coast guard still uses it for training. Since it was an airforce base, there are lots of runways :) ...but the speed limit is 30mph or something like that. I don't think anyone has tried to coordinate an autox there, but I suspect getting permission might be a difficult thing....in terms of safety, intrusion to the wildlife, etc. I take everyone who wants to learn to drive a stick there....nothing to hit!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts