1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
It's been around for a while, nobody wants it. There are so many threads on it.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
To be honest it would have been a cool track car if he had gone 340R style with it. Someone could still buy it and do that. This whole website is giving the addicts the keys to the drug store :)

·
Back to the Future, again
6,155 Posts
The car has been listed forever... along with 2 over priced Exiges at that dealership. I passed by it a few times. My friend has gone there to shop for a car once. I wasn't impressed with the way it looked. He was not impressed with the way they did business.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Personally I like the way it looks. I can only afford to have one Lotus right now so I'm not ready to go for one with holes in the doors but with an unlimited budget I could see myself using it for dedicated track use. Hell according to the add this one even has power steering!

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Poor Perry. If it gets much lower I might buy it myself and put a body back on it.
he got rid of this car a long time ago.
I know its not for everyone, but this car is like a 211++. I don't know why people are bashing it.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Considering it is a track car, the seller would be smart to post a dyno chart for the car.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I know I've seen this before on the internet but came across this tonight:
Cars for Sale: 2005 Lotus Elise in Baldwin Park, CA 91706: Convertible Details - 284482021 - AutoTrader.com

Anyone know the story behind it? Was it a salvage? Is it a gimmick by a used car dealer? Was it someone on the forum's at some point?
I considered it and called the dealer several times. It took three weeks to get them to email me a picture of the interior (which is awful by the way!). No one there could give me any details. The price does not include the suspension. They want an extra two grand to keep that.

It was so difficult to get anyone there to talk about it. The service was horrible, so I gave up on it. When I first saw it, I wanted it BAD!

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
How the *beep* can you sell a car without suspension. That is beyond simple stupidity.

·
Registered
389 Posts
The write up says that the Ohlins and Alcon brakes are extra and the car is sold with the stock suspension and brakes. WOW I can't imagine anyone going for that deal. If the other post is correct and they want 2k extra to keep what is already on the car it's going to be an even tougher sell. As a dedicated track car it might be worth considering but as a road car????? Not for me anyway. Now if the dealer is interested in parting out the car there are a few bits I would consider. Hell I'll just pay him the two grand for the Ohlins and the brakes.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Yep, the Perryeyges car.

If something was done with the doors, it could be very cool.

Add some vinyl in proper livery and it looks a lot like a 211.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
he got rid of this car a long time ago.
I know its not for everyone, but this car is like a 211++. I don't know why people are bashing it.
I've always wanted to convert an Elise into an "S2" version of the 340R, ever since I first saw my car with the clams off and my imagination started running away.

His car is definitely trending toward a 340R design, but it's not wrapped up in quite as pretty a package. It just doesn't quite look right. Someone who is really good with fiberglass could probably go a long way toward fixing that though and it could be an amazing car.

·
Registered
693 Posts
That car has been butchered... poor car.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts