The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Geez, I didn't know you totalled one.
What happened? Looks like you mistook it for a plane...

Kidding of course, that sucks. :(

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I'll give them credit for posting lots of pictures. I can't see how that car is worth the asking price though.

Adding Vin: SCCVC11137HL80827 so it'll show up in a google search.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I'll give them credit for posting lots of pictures. I can't see how that car is worth the asking price though.
Yeah, seems like an honest idea, except that unless you're familiar with Lotus, the damage isn't so bad. So while they are not lying, they aren't being all that forthcoming, either.

Seems to me these cars should be parted out at the point they are totaled.

·
Registered
557 Posts
:huh: Looks like more than a nick to me...

Here we go again...
He said the frame, not the body.

Honestly, I dont think the guy's misrepresenting the car at all. If i were looking for a rebuilder, that's a solid candidate. That's the nice thing about these cars, i'm pretty convinced that anything that broke could be remade in my garage in a weekend other than bolt-on parts. The tub's good, the dinged frame area is what looks like a bolt-in shock mount...

Honestly, if i was looking to make a project/toy, I wouldn't say no to that car. I'd say HELL no to the price, but at about 10-12? Game on!

The seller's being honest about condition, there's pictures of everything. For someone who knows metal, i see nothing to be scared of.

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
He said the frame, not the body.

Honestly, I dont think the guy's misrepresenting the car at all. If i were looking for a rebuilder, that's a solid candidate. That's the nice thing about these cars, i'm pretty convinced that anything that broke could be remade in my garage in a weekend other than bolt-on parts. The tub's good, the dinged frame area is what looks like a bolt-in shock mount...

Honestly, if i was looking to make a project/toy, I wouldn't say no to that car. I'd say HELL no to the price, but at about 10-12? Game on!

The seller's being honest about condition, there's pictures of everything. For someone who knows metal, i see nothing to be scared of.
Actually, it looks like the area around the pick up points for the upper wishbone are torn/deformed. That's generally considered irretrievably damaged. :shrug:

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Actually, it looks like the area around the pick up points for the upper wishbone are torn/deformed. That's generally considered irretrievably damaged. :shrug:
+1

No way to safely repair this car without replacing the ENTIRE tub. The bolt on parts aren't the issue. It's the torn aluminum mounts on the frame that are not repairable.

Price is WAY too high for a car in this condition.

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Reminder to self: Remove Waydui personalized plate if I ever total my car.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Its not too bad actually. But definately not for this price. i would buy it back for like 7-10k most.

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
yak that's exactly what I was going to suggest... a realistic value in the 7 - 10K range.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,689 Posts
Wow.. the forklift alone may have damaged the frame beyond repair !:eek:

·
Registered
891 Posts
Adverised with only 1.347 miles ....

i think this is not true ....

SO sad to read this story ...
Remember our discussion about purchasing it before damage ...

all my best
Haris

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Those pesky Europeans put periods where we would put commas.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Those pesky Europeans put periods where we would put commas.
i totally hate it too.......
but did u know euro keyboards got no commas.......
anyway... hope he learns to use the correct symbolz....

·
Registered
215 Posts
The buy it now price + cost of repairs needed > cost of a brand new one.

Also you can get a good used one for about the same price anyway I dont know what they are thinking unless they are counting on the old saying of there is a sucker born every minute

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts