The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Front clam needs some love but looks like a solid price for what the car was.

·
Super Moderator
5,461 Posts
What sort of issues will pop up on a body with that many miles?
Nothing unusual - probably need to replace suspension bushes, springs and shocks but that it routine maintenance. Being composite and alloy there aren't many age related issues - an none that cannot be easily resolved :)

There are Elises in the UK with +200k miles on them and several in the US with well over 100k miles.

Also how expensive is it to recolor an Elise?
Depending on how much work you are prepared to do a new quality paint job recolouring the car is between $4k and $8k.

·
** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
Recoloring the car (repainting) in the same color is much cheaper than recoloring the car in a new color.

San

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Thanks will send him a message.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've been looking for an elise like this for a while now, if you guys say it's a good car with nothing(other than the obvious or what has already been stated) wrong with it I think I will go ahead and try to buy this beauty.

·
Registered
945 Posts
You guys sure about the whole motor swap story? Is there any way to confirm this?
Seller says they have the paperwork and it was done at the dealer.

Should be simple - check the paperwork, if the paperwork seems fishy (who would go to that kind of trouble anyway?!?) call the dealer and reference the VIN.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I got in touch with the owner and after answering my questions to a satisfactory level, informed me that he has a deposit on the car...extremely unfortunate to hear, seems like my long, perilous, search for a clean titled elise under 25k continues. Lol. It is my dream car though, so I'll keep looking.(and secretly praying the deal falls through and he gives me a call)

·
Premium Member
3,032 Posts
I got in touch with the owner and after answering my questions to a satisfactory level, informed me that he has a deposit on the car...extremely unfortunate to hear, seems like my long, perilous, search for a clean titled elise under 25k continues. Lol. It is my dream car though, so I'll keep looking.(and secretly praying the deal falls through and he gives me a call)

You should really give Hayes from WireWheels a shout out.
Some of his "rebuilt" cars are nicer than some used clear titled cars. And...they'd be in your price point.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Tire abuser
773 Posts
You should really give Hayes from WireWheels a shout out.
Some of his "rebuilt" cars are nicer than some used clear titled cars. And...they'd be in your price point.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
That chili red one he has is on "hold" now. Man, that is a spectacular color. Not many people have seen it in person and pics don't do it justice. It is red with gold flecks in it. Looks so hot in the sunlight. I wish that I had that car too. Not sure what it was going for... but it was a low mileage car.

·
Registered
160 Posts
That chili red one he has is on "hold" now. Man, that is a spectacular color. Not many people have seen it in person and pics don't do it justice. It is red with gold flecks in it. Looks so hot in the sunlight. I wish that I had that car too. Not sure what it was going for... but it was a low mileage car.
Wow gorgeous Elise. Seems like the perfect salvage title car. A chili red 06 with miles that low and a clean title would be a worth a pretty penny. I too wonder what they were asking. I checked google cache...28.9k ! I think someone got a good deal.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts