The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Amazing price for a low mileage car. How did you find this? I've never heard about this site. Does anyone know what this site is all about?

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I look at stuff all the time. My dad wants an rv, and the eBay seller has thousands of cars. I think it's legit. And a great perfect price

·
Registered
442 Posts
Those are euro "y" spoke wheels, a common, aesthetic upgrade over the stock US spec touring wheels. That alone isn't something to worry about.

The buyer might want to see why the wheels aren't original.

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
Take some care...

Whenever someone mentions involvement with the military (like deployments), red flags go up for me...most of the $16K (or less) Elises have that in common...

B
+1 on this. "Deployment" is often part of a classic scam. I once found a car thus advertised on my local Wisconsin Craig's List photographed with palm trees in the background. The seller claimed the car was already in storage and could not be seen in person...

OTOH I can't say this ad is bogus. Just make sure you really give it a lot of scrutiny before any money changes hands.

Paging Doge... You might want to consider this one for yourself (I know you're looking for a good Elise), and if it doesn't pass the sniff test flag it on the forum.

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
Actual car listing: 2005 Lotus Elise Convertible for sale in Tunnel Hill, Georgia

But the phone listed is one used by past scam ads: "Note, that 877-392-2891 phone number shows up on all sorts of internet listings for a variety of vehicles (including hot-rods, RVs, etc.) and shows different names and locations associated with the same number."

Phone Number Lookup: +1-877-392-2891 => Domestic Toll-Free, Canada(country code: +1, area code: 877), it is a LANDLINE phone number.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
could be a scam, but the price doesn't seem TOO out of hand, it isn't like it's $18k.

The seller/ebay store has A LOT of vehicles on there.

It's NATIONAL VEHICLE...

But I just checked the site again and it seems that the car is not on there anymore.

So it looks like it was probably fake....SORRY GUYS!

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
I know auction123 since I used to use them before. They essentially make your ebay ads for selling cars look professional or at least better than if you try and post a car on your own. Too bad, I would have bought it at $32K assuming it was all there :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.