The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
I just can't even put into words how much I want to win the lottery right now. I picked up the current issue of Octane at lunch and have already picked out about 30 cars that I must have from the auction ads alone.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Hubba hubba hubba...Take this puppy, park it on hardwood floors under flood lights in the play room between a pool table and a bar. Cordoned off to keep the drunkards away of course.

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
babak said:
Hubba hubba hubba...Take this puppy, park it on hardwood floors under flood lights in the play room between a pool table and a bar. Cordoned off to keep the drunkards away of course.
Park it!? Hell, I'd drive it. I would positively clean up at the local vintage races. That is if I don't total it going into the first turn.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And at night while everyone else is asleep, sneak in and slip into the seat and grip the wheel and make vroom noises...

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
We must stay focused on the Elise. Come on now- you wouldnt be able to drive that on the street. Not that the cops would ever catch you.

The Barrett Jackson auction is taking place this week a few miles away from me. They keep advertising it on TV. I will have to force myself to stay away. Dont want to blow the money I will be using to buy the Elise on something else.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
The sister (brother?) car to this is at the Barbor Motor Sport Museum in Brimingham, no ropes you and walk up to it and really take a good look. In fact there are 5 Lotus F1 cars on display! Log 24 is going to have an event at the museum, a private event with all of the Lotus cars on display. It is fantastic, the best Lotus and motorcycle museum I have seen!

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
andykeck said:
Park it!? Hell, I'd drive it. I would positively clean up at the local vintage races. That is if I don't total it going into the first turn.
Remember, no parts in anyway shape or form...I'd drive it but wouldn't drive it into the ground.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
James A said:
The sister (brother?) car to this is at the Barbor Motor Sport Museum in Brimingham, no ropes you and walk up to it and really take a good look. In fact there are 5 Lotus F1 cars on display! Log 24 is going to have an event at the museum, a private event with all of the Lotus cars on display. It is fantastic, the best Lotus and motorcycle museum I have seen!
James,

I have had a few friends race at the Barber Track. I have heard it is a top notch facility and the Motorsport Museum is like going to Lotus heaven. Can't wait to see you and many other Elise owners at this years LOG 24 event.

Best Wishes,
Mitch

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
... and while I was digging around the site I found this:

50 Years of Team Lotus

We have decided to celebrate this landmark year for Team Lotus by creating a Festival of Team Lotus at the Hethel test track on the weekend of 17th and 18th July 2004.

Lotus Cars has generously agreed to make available the test track and various buildings. Hopefully it will want to participate in the event in some way.

We intend to put on a display of as many different types of running Team Lotus cars as practical. We are proud that at least 10 of the Classic Team Lotus collection are now running.

We hope that our customers and other owners will want to participate.

Furthermore we will create a static display of as many Team Lotus cars as possible.

These two key features will be supported by video, photographic and memorabilia exhibitions. There should be a pit stop wheel change challenge and a competition to win a special Team Lotus 50 years edition Lotus Elise.

All in all it will be a great day out for Lotus enthusiasts, owners, employees and local Norfolk people.

If it occurs to anyone reading this that the 17th & 18th July might not be a very good date then please let us know, just in case. Otherwise we look forward to providing you with more details in our next web update and welcoming you to the event.

·
Banned
901 Posts
Andy:

Youhit the nail on the head. Clive Chapman's (Colin's son) Classic Team Lotus does just that for vintage Lotus race cars. OOOOOH would it be cool to own a JPS Lotus F1 car.

I'm going to mug Duncan Dayton some day, grab his Lotus 79 (Mario's Championship F1 car) and run away with it.

Feff

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
I saw a documentary on Classic Team Lotus somewhere. It looked like a really cool operation. I particularly like their emphasis on keeping the cars in running condition. I'd love to sponsor one of their cars, but I imagine that's as unlikely as me being able to buy one outright.

And while we're doing some imaginary shopping, I'd grab this too. It's just a few miles away. The move would be easy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts