The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A 348 TS Ferrari!

My brother came up from Colorado Springs and we ran up and over Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mountain National Park! It was a little cold over the top, (road was closed 3 days prior due to 3 foot snow drifts!) but what a great time! My girlfriend was chilly, too....she had washed her hair and "put it up" and it was still wet....lesson: Stow a blanket in the back!

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I would say the lotus looks more exotic.... Everybody know what a ferrari is and the price range, but quite a lot people would not recognize one, or care about one without looking @ the emblem.
Had 3 people in my car (Accord) driving behind the yellow ferrari (i believe a F430)... 0 reaction until i said WOW, look at that Ferrari

So sadly, it just may not be the accessory you needed.... a Lambo on the other hand....

·
Registered
233 Posts
Beautiful Ferrari!

I just can't imagine trying to hand wash the door with all those fins.
I worked at an exotic car dealership in college - washing cars...the 348's and Testarossa's were the biggest pain for the doors...haha.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
2013 Grand Lake Lodge (Rocky Mountain National Park) Colorado!

·
Premium Member
1,308 Posts
Fantaatic pcs! The colors are great and i would love to do the same photo shoot with an f355 as i think it would be more similar

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Snow? That stuff still exists in the U.S. in June? Sigh. :(

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Great shots. Could the Ferrari keep up? :)

I am glad you asked!

We did Trail Ridge to Grand Lake one day and then up Rist Canyon, West of Ft. Collins the next. We traded vehicles at the beginning of the Rist Canyon trip, and I started with his 348. When I hopped back in the Lotus there was a bit of an "Awe...I am loosing all that power and torque..." feeling. The Elise is absolutely made for these canyons and twisty roads. I love her to death. Getting into her after being in the Ferrari made me instantly see what people mean when they call her "A humming bird" or "Feather light." She can jack-rabbit anything and I would wager very few people could keep up with me in "my" canyons, regardless what they were driving.... but their is something about the Ferrari.... it is not as quick in the turns, and is much heavier to deal with.... but , wow, hard to put into words. A perfection? Refinement? Walk softly and carry a big stick?

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
LOL, This is the first thing I thought of when I saw this! But on a serious note, that looks awesome. My G/F has family in Colorado and I can't wait to visit. I won't have the Elise, but I hope I can get my hands on a decent rental see some of these roads.

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts