The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To all:

From a long standing Lotus owner and his results with Fox Valley regarding hsi Elise deposit. Be careful out there!

Mark

Greetings-
Well, I spoke to "Frank" the sales manager at Fox Valley. I seems they "misplaced" my Elise Order. They got me back in line to get #52. My original contract said #41. I've got my original contract but they won't honor it. The next bit of information was for me to send an additional $2,000 when I place the
color order. They have had my $1,000 for over a year but they want more. This additional deposit is not refundable. Oh, by the way, they don't have color charts - I'm supposed to go the the Lotus USA website and pick my colors from that 2 year old Elise that changes colors. Does anyone want my deposit? If I wanted this bullshit, I'd go to Midwest Auto Group in Columbus, Ohio and save a 400 mile drive to Chicago. I AM OUT! The Elise can wait. I'll go for a 2 year old, used Elise with upgrades. Screw the Dealers. Screw the depreciation. I went to Fox Valley because of Tom & Ben and the way I was treated by them at LOG 22.
They are gone and so is customer service......and so am I.

·
Banned
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Dealer BS With Fox Valley

Hi All:

A little note from LONG time Lotus owner Scott Stout and his results with Fox Valley. Be careful out there!

Mark

Greetings-

Well, I spoke to "Frank" the sales manager at Fox Valley. I seems they "misplaced" my Elise Order. They got me back in line to get #52. My original contract said #41. I've got my original contract but they won't honor it. The next bit of information was for me to send an additional $2,000 when I place the color order. They have had my $1,000 for over a year but they want more. This additional deposit is not refundable. Oh, by the way, they don't have color charts - I'm supposed to go the the Lotus USA website and pick my colors from that 2 year old Elise that changes colors. Does anyone want my deposit? If I wanted this bullshit, I'd go to Midwest Auto Group in Columbus, Ohio and save a 400 mile drive to Chicago. I AM OUT! The Elise can wait. I'll go for a 2 year old, used Elise with upgrades. Screw the Dealers. Screw the depreciation. I went to Fox Valley because of Tom & Ben and the way I was treated by them at LOG 22.
They are gone and so is customer service......and so am I.

·
Registered
43 Posts
We got ours there this weekend, and when we arrived we were surprised to find that we had a black interior, when we had ordered the tan (metallic green paint). Not much sympathy, other than an offer to order us a new one....and wait another 2 years...yea right!! In the end though, we are happy with the black, even though it would have been nice to get what we had ordered after 2 1/2 years of waiting. Oh well, the car is still absolutely amazing!!!

·
Registered
7,678 Posts
they probably prayed u wanted another one...so they could sell yurs for 10k over....

·
Registered
357 Posts
That sucks, I am in the 180s at Fox Valley and the experience has been pretty good to date.

-When I put my $1,000 refundable deposit down they told me that when it came time to order they would want an additional $4,000 and at that time it would become non-refundable...so those are the terms I am expecting, not sure what you were told but that is the story I recieved and believe they are expecting these days...

-as for the color chart, it is easy enough to find that info on the board

-getting moved down 11 spaces isn't even that big of a deal with the allocation that FV is getting, many other people with #41 would be thrilled to be getting orders now...

So while I agree that it sucks and that some terms may have changed from your original intention, I don't think the mistakes are as bad as I have heard from other dealers.

The issue with getting a wrong colored interior is a totally different issue, that would PISS me off...not sure what they can do about that, and seems sort of shady.

Oh well, I suggest everyone at Fox Valley drop off the list, so they can get to me sooner!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
zvezdah1 said:
It'd be more in line to file a complaint with the local better business bureau.
Chris
zvezdah1,

That is one route.

This must be the 5th or 6th story I've read here like this.

I would agree that Lotus, as a "premier" line, should not have to police their dealerships. Unfortunately, it seems some dealerships are greedy or incompetent or both, and some sort of oversight is required. I wonder how other premier marques, like Aston Martin or Rolls or Porsche would react to these kind of shoddy business practices. Even mainstream dealers like Ford and Lexus pride their JD Power Customer Satisfaction ratings and Presidential awards.

It is a shame the dealer network doesn't choose to be more forthright and attentive to their customers. In fact, it would appear the dealer network is doing whatever underhanded tricks they can get away with to earn extra $$$.

I can't see a WIN-WIN situation here--only a LOSE-LOSE between Lotus and the US customer. LCUSA should wake up and get this situation under control before it snowballs.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
You are absolutley right. And Lotus USA knows this is going on. How do they handle it? By sending them an even larger allocation. Then only person that gets screwed is the customer. This kind of BS is going on all over the place and Lotus allows it. This whole process has been handled really poorly.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
GatorFL said:
It is a shame the dealer network doesn't choose to be more forthright and attentive to their customers. In fact, it would appear the dealer network is doing whatever underhanded tricks they can get away with to earn extra $$$.
Well, don't paint the dealership network with TOO broad a brush. My dealings with Ascot were flawless, and I know other dealerships are treating their customers equally well. There are just a few bad apples.

·
Registered
63 Posts
pinmagic said:
Well, don't paint the dealership network with TOO broad a brush. My dealings with Ascot were flawless, and I know other dealerships are treating their customers equally well. There are just a few bad apples.
Pin, I agree. My dealings with PBMC have been first class. In life, it appears that the few screw it up for the many. My point was I have seen a couple of people say "that's it--I'm out" right here on this board because of "dealer antics". And that worries me. I want Lotus to succeed here in the US and develop a strong brand. Much stronger then when they offered only the Esprit. Frankly, if they piss away this opportunity (the Elise) all of us who are enthusiasts and own their cars will be hurt. These "bad apples" can ruin it for all of us. Who wants to get stuck with a car with no dealer network or parts or service? Remember the Vector? Hopefully Lotus, and Proton, recognize this and will correct the problem.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I would think that 99% of the people on this forum agree that it is only a handful of dealers playing these games. But look at the allocations to FVMC - they are being rewarded for acting like pigs. This is all on the hands of Lotus - the dealer games, the whole allocation fiasco, all of it

Oh but what do we know, were just the lowly customers...

·
Registered
357 Posts
I know Bill Jr. @ FV is a member of this forum, perhaps he could address the issue, I know he has only posted once with his idea of a get together and bringing in some expert lotus drivers.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I can only speak to my experiences with Fox and they:

1) Kept me updated on my car
2) Deliveried the exact car I ordered
3) Sold me the car at MSRP
4) Hassle free delivery

My $.02
EH

·
Registered
979 Posts
I'll also add that everything has been on the up and up with my dealings with FVMC. My contact, Jim Nuccio, has been nothing but nice and professional every time I've come in or called. In regards to how they have treated me, I'll happily purchase my car from them.

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Eddie Haskell said:
I can only speak to my experiences with Fox and they:

1) Kept me updated on my car
I'll agree with that, or at least as well as they've been able to.

They've been very professional and easy to deal with so far, and if all goes well, I'll be in agreement with the last three points some time this week :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts