The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
called 'em-
they claim that it's not part of their allocation
but that they bought it from another dealer
at "above msrp" and that they don't have it just yet.
they claim that this is a speculative risk/opportunity
type of deal that they're doing...and that they feel
that these cars will command prices over msrp
for a while, when they are available.
my car (at msrp) is supposed to arrive this week.

for what it's worth
dan w

·
Registered
4 Posts
They did the same with the M3 when it came out. They had one in the shop with a 10K markup right when they came out.

I'm on the list there (top 40, yet somehow not getting a car until late December), and a few things have sounded a bit strange, but so far, things are looking OK. If they start selling cars at MSRP without giving me one, I will not buy from them.

I'll let you know how it pans out in the coming weeks.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
danwasdahl said:
called 'em-
they claim that it's not part of their allocation
but that they bought it from another dealer...
Ah, so that's where my car when. ;)

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Presto said:
(top 40, yet somehow not getting a car until late December),
December actually does'nt sound bad for #40(+/-)- I'm #12 and not expecting a car until October.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I really hope lotus sets an example by dealing with dealers that treat their customers poorly. We see them working hard to improve in many areas but it would be ashamed for their dealers to start ruining it.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I called Fox Valley today. I asked about the magnetic blue elise on their website and they said it should be arriving in 2 days. They also said that their demo was to arrive tomorrow morning.

Presto: They said that their allocation was to have the first 40 cars by October (i'm assuming this means October deliveries as well, but could be wrong). They told me last year that they were the top Esprit sellers so they were getting one of the largest allocations. I'm hoping that's true cause I've ordered mine from there too. When did they take your order?

They are a great group of guys over there and have been very courteous every time I've called.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
so i need clarification...is LOA the top dealer or is FV? lots of claims floating about.

for a little piece of mind it would be nice if ever there was an official word on allocations. fat chance i guess

·
Registered
5 Posts
As posted in the other thread...

3 Pictures of our demo...sorry for the low res.

Also, in our shipment we received...

2 Yellow Elise's

1 Silver Elise

1 Britsh Racing Green Elise

1 Lime Green Elise

The blue Elise described in this post is due to arrive either Friday or Saturday. It is Magnetic Blue with Black Leather interior and is equipped with a touring package.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts