The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just a heads up so you don't end up in the same boat!

Ordered two SP-1 seats for my Lotus 7 weeks back, and paid the same day via. wire transfer. Initially ***** (the guy behind Composite Worx) told me the seats would be ready for shipping in about 1-2 weeks from the day of order.

That date came and passed, and when I asked what was going on I was told they would be sent in the end of May at the latest.

Since then **** has blocked me on Facebook, deleted my inquiries on Composite Worx’s facebook page, and does not reply to either my Facebook messages or e-mails.

I will proceed to post similar warnings on other enthusiast forums where he has been active or have potential customers.

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
It sounds like CW may be having some business challenges lately. That's a shame because they have some great products. I really hope they can get it together for their customers.

They told me 6 to 7 weeks for production and then more time for shipping. My order was held up several more weeks and I was told that the upholstery shop they use was backed up. However, M*** did return my inquires - sometimes with delays, but I got the feeling he was trying to keep things moving. He also made some custom changes to the stitching that turned out great. Once the seats were completed they shipped from Italy to my door very quickly!

I chalked this up to a company more interested in being a design shop than a manufacturer. I'm not familiar with the Italian business culture and I view everything from the typical American "serve me now" perspective, so maybe I needed to adjust my expectations a bit too.

Either way, I hope you get your seats, and I hope CW can improve the customer experience.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
If you get an update on your story can you be sure to share with us? I've considered ordering seats from them in the past and decided to hold off. It'd be nice to know they're still an option for the future.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I sent a quote request to the composite worx email address after talking to ***** via Facebook on the 6th. I just got a reply today with the cost. Ended up going with Tecnocraft for my seats after seeing this and getting screwed around with just trying to get pricing.

Sucks that I'll be paying almost double, but I at least know they will show up (first seat gets delivered on the 2nd).

I hope you get this resolved man. :(

·
Registered
9 Posts
Are there any updates about Composite Worx and *******

I ordered a set of Sp-1 Twin Skin on 20 Aug 2014.
I want to pick up them in Italy, every time i want to drive to him, he have no time.
Now no answer since 20 Oct 2014.
I only have send a down Payment and want to pay the rest cash by picking up.

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
6,931 Posts
I went with the Tecnocrafts. They're bolt in, no holes to drill or bolts to purchase and they're made here in the USA (So Cal). They also gave me a discount.

San

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
6,931 Posts
I don't want tecnocrafts, i don't find some beautiful seats like the composite worx.
Maybe some one selling some used?
I'm guessing English isn't your primary language.

You can take your chances with the CW. The Tecnocrafts are lighter.

San

1 - 13 of 13 Posts