The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just buy this house:
View Property Details

Read the description and look at the pictures. My wife has been looking around in our area for a new house for us and ran across this. I think the house has been for sale for a while (we had looked at it in the past), but no Porsche was being included at that time. Anyway, I guess with the housing market being even worse now, they figured this might be the differentiator!

Certainly made me look again! :D

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
damn thats actually not a bad deal.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Haha perfect! My uncle was having trouble selling his house in the 80s, it was on the market for months. He decided to throw in his 924 to sweeten the deal and sold it the day after it was listed!

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Only 978k for a 6 bd / 5.5 bath 6577 sq foot house on 1 acre...AND a 911 Cab thrown in?? Not a bad deal indeed! The same house around here would go for north of 2 mil easy!

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
How do you consider this a good deal? The house has been on the market awhile which means that it's over priced. Instead of lowering the asking price by about 100k (the retail value of the Porsche) they are selling you a 2004 Porsche Turbo Cabriolet. The car is not free. You will be paying for the car for 15,20,or 30 years depending on the term of your mortgage. You end up with a depreciating asset that you will have to register and insure or sell and pay down the mortgage.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Heres a suggestion. Have them lower the house price by ONNLLYYY 15-20% and have them keep that SEXY BEAUTIFUL CAR.

Now isn't that a deal they keep that car and LOWEr the price by ONLY 15-20%.

That doesn't sound to nice for the seller does it? To lower the price over a 100k...

I would guess that it doesn't sound nice to sell an overpriced house by trying to FOOL a person by throwing in a car!

my .02 for the night rotfl

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
How do you consider this a good deal? The house has been on the market awhile which means that it's over priced. Instead of lowering the asking price by about 100k (the retail value of the Porsche) they are selling you a 2004 Porsche Turbo Cabriolet. The car is not free. You will be paying for the car for 15,20,or 30 years depending on the term of your mortgage. You end up with a depreciating asset that you will have to register and insure or sell and pay down the mortgage.
Of course the car is not free. :D I'm saying its a VERY good deal if the house were here in my area. :) How do you know the house has been on the market awhile?

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
damn thats actually not a bad deal.
I think the house has been for sale for a while (we had looked at it in the past), but no Porsche was being included at that time. Anyway, I guess with the housing market being even worse now, they figured this might be the differentiator!

Certainly made me look again! :D
Only 978k for a 6 bd / 5.5 bath 6577 sq foot house on 1 acre...AND a 911 Cab thrown in?? Not a bad deal indeed! The same house around here would go for north of 2 mil easy!
Of course the car is not free. :D I'm saying its a VERY good deal if the house were here in my area. :) How do you know the house has been on the market awhile?
I highlighted parts of the above quotes.

Baysailor said "I think the house has been for sale for a while (we had looked at it in the past) . . ." It is easy to determine how long the house has been on the market by contacting the listing broker. As you said "Of course the car is not free." Noone includes a 100k car in the deal unless the house won't sell at the listed price. Other things to consider in the deal: VA charges 3% sales tax when the car is registered by the new owner (it would be considered a used car purchase. I don't know the law in VA how the value is determined for tax purposes.). The condition of the car (remember after the deal you own it for better or worse).

·
Registered
121 Posts
This place is right around the corner from me. Its in a nice place, but not what I would consider a million dollar home. It actually looks more like a super nice garage with a house attached to it... which can be a major plus or minus depending on your priorities! I say buy the place sans Porsche and make that 3-car garage into a 5 car Lotus pit! :crazyeyes

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
This place is right around the corner from me. Its in a nice place, but not what I would consider a million dollar home. It actually looks more like a super nice garage with a house attached to it... which can be a major plus or minus depending on your priorities! I say buy the place sans Porsche and make that 3-car garage into a 5 car Lotus pit! :crazyeyes
In California we have a different opinion on what a million dollar home is. :D That's a 2-3 million dollar home here. A million gets you 3000 square feet and a 2 car garage with a worthless tandem unit.

·
Registered
121 Posts
In California we have a different opinion on what a million dollar home is. :D That's a 2-3 million dollar home here. A million gets you 3000 square feet and a 2 car garage with a worthless tandem unit.
Now you know why I live here! OK, the weather can get downright drab during the Winter (I'm from Miami Beach), but 5 acres and close proximity to DC, Skiiing, and the beach all for the price of an apartment in Walnut Grove ain't all that bad! :)

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, sellers/agents that do this, are really just doing this for the "advertising" it provides and resulting interest. I would bet the cars typically get negotiated out.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
VA charges 3% sales tax when the car is registered by the new owner (it would be considered a used car purchase. I don't know the law in VA how the value is determined for tax purposes.).
I can see someone at DMV now:
new owner: "What do you mean I owe $3000 in tax... I got the car for FREE!"
DMV: "RRRRRRRRRight, you go THIS car for free... that will be $3000 please!"

DMV uses the book value to calculate the tax. I have taken in a few cars for free (only 5 to date), fixed them and then gave them away to people with a need for a car. I don't title them, but instead have the previous owner sign the title and do a bill of sale showing them as being gifted. One exception was that I paid $100 for one with both the title and bill of sale showing this. In all cases, DMV used the book value and charged the resultant sales tax to the new owner (even explaining the situation didn't help). I think they reference Blue Book first and if it is not listed in there, they fall back to the Black Book.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
Ahhhhhhhhh you take ALL the fun out of it !!!

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
A woman who lives in my development is selling her house and she comes with it. The story has made that national news.

Funny thing is that there is no For Sale sign on the house. To mess with her, I was going to leave a dollar on her doorstep and tell her that since she was local I didnt need the shipping. It would have freaked her out since we live in a gated community and she isnt using her real name in the advertisement.

I told a single women who lives 2 houses away from me who has her house for sale too that she should do the same thing and advertise that she is a better deal than since she comes without the excess baggage of kids and doesnt have a police record.

ksl.com - Buy house, get wife

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Ahhhhhhhhh you take ALL the fun out of it !!!
No no... don't listen to him, the Porsche really is FREE! ;)
House for sale comes with 'free' 2008 Porsche Cayman S and Gulfstream G550 . . . 'only' $62.5 mil!!!!rotflrotfl:p

The airplane and the car are REALLY FREE scouts honor!!!!! If you buy the house at full asking price!!!:D

Edit: The house is what you get for 2.5mil in northern New Jersey.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts