The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a call from a friend tonight.
McDonald's is giving away a BRG Exige with every happy meal!

Or, you can buy just the car for $1.97...

Or, one yuppy-foodstamp will get you ten cars and some change ;-)

Attachments

·
Registered
114 Posts
what is with that name game anyway?

I often see Exige body styles described or labeled as "Elise"??

Mostly hobby sites and foreign url's that may just be confused?

The Exige is not considered an Elise variant is it? It is a completely different model right?

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Nows its payback time for all of my friends with kids who made me go to the Golden Arches to get those damn beenie babies a few years ago.

·
Registered
591 Posts
AS it is cheap variant of a Hot Wheels, I would say it is supposed to be the Motorsports Elise. Which looks very much like an Exige.

Greg

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I had lunch at McD's today. They had 2 cars, but not the Elise/Exige. Of course, since nobody really spoke much English, I'm not sure they didn't have it in the box somwhere -- they pulled out 2 others, and got the sense that was all they had.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
pinmagic said:
I had lunch at McD's today. They had 2 cars, but not the Elise/Exige. Of course, since nobody really spoke much English, I'm not sure they didn't have it in the box somwhere -- they pulled out 2 others, and got the sense that was all they had.
Looks like I need to print out the picture before I go to McDonald's.

·
Registered
587 Posts
pinmagic said:
Same here. I stoped by last night. They had a silver car of some sort, and some other toy that didn't look like a car at all -- I didn't take a very close look.

The employee said they were toys #2 and #3, and that they might have different ones from time to time and to check back later. Maybe it's a regional thing? I'm in Northern California.

- John

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
jtanner said:
Got mine! Words can not describe how cool the light-up feature is....;)

Jim
Worth a trip to CrackRonald's though?

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
jtanner said:
Got mine! Words can not describe how cool the light-up feature is....;)

Jim
Better than the real thing!!!!!

Boy, do you need your Elise.

I have the Hot Wheels Exige, also mislabeled as an Elise. A guy at work found it at a drug store and gave it to me. Only cost him $1, better than the $1.97 at McDonalds. Hmm, you must have paid over MSRP for yours. Do lights really double the price of a car? Well, I guess it is an LED light, and it is hard to find that for headlights on cars right now. Better than HIDs?

·
Registered
643 Posts
ChrisH said:
Better than the real thing!!!!!

Boy, do you need your Elise.

I have the Hot Wheels Exige, also mislabeled as an Elise. A guy at work found it at a drug store and gave it to me. Only cost him $1, better than the $1.97 at McDonalds. Hmm, you must have paid over MSRP for yours. Do lights really double the price of a car? Well, I guess it is an LED light, and it is hard to find that for headlights on cars right now. Better than HIDs?
I paid MSRP--I just got the MLP (McDonalds Light Package)! Probably not worth the upgrade, though...

I also wish it came in Ardent Red in addition to British Racing Green...

NMRJock, you don't *have* to eat the food--you could just stop in for the car...

Edit: How much Zaino do you think it'll take to coat it? :D

Jim

1 - 20 of 21 Posts