The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's looking like the 1st customer cars will arriving late June/early July...

So... the GGLC would like to invite the new owners to their first GGLC meeting/event in July. www.gglotus.org

BTW... the GGLC is offering a gift membership (1 free year) for new owners that purchase their cars from BMC-SF, SVAG or Smith Lotus. Be sure to ask them for your gift membership.

Kiyoshi

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
My parents always told me that procrastination wouldn't pay off, but this proves them wrong! I've been meaning to joing GGLC for a while now, just hadn't gotten around to it...now I'll get 1 yr for free! Very cool, thanks Kiyoshi! :) I'm not sure if my car will be broken in by mid July (assuming it arrives on schedule, that is), but a track day at Thunderhill does sound fun.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
I will certainly be joining... Also, I think it's great how organized and involved Northern California car clubs seem to be. As a GGC BMW club member, I know that club has a very, very strong foundation of member committment, and I believe it is the first or second largest BMW club in the US. The GGLC, meanwhile, seems to have an equally committed and organized member base, this based on what I've gleaned from your website. The Bay Area Porsche club also seems like one of the country's most involved P-car clubs.

Next step is to get the OEMs more committed to holding press events and model launches in our neck of the woods!!!

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Matt & Jon

We look forward to getting to know you and seeing you at future GGLC events.

There's 3 more GGLC Track Days this year. The last in October at Buttonwillow. We need to get those SoCal folks to join us! Randy, Modern Wedgie, Shinoo... how 'bout it?

There's also a big British Car Meet in Palo Alto in Sept. It's always fun. And, we usually reserve a Lotus corral at the Monterey Historics.

See ya!
Kiyoshi

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Kiyoshi, I am all over Buttonwillow! I will plan on being there.

Randy

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
I'm due for a Aug/Sept delivery date. Hard to pass up a free offer. :clap: Looking forward to future events.

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Since we are only about a week away from the very first customer cars getting delivered I thought I'd just post a quick reminder that the GGLC is working with BMC-San Francisco, Silicon Valley Auto Group & Smith Lotus and has authorized those dealers to offer their new Lotus customers a FREE 1 yr gift membership with the GGLC.

If it's not offered, just remind your salesperson about the offer. They have an invitation form to sign and give to you. All you have to do is complete the Gift Membership Form and mail it to the GGLC.

Look forward to seeing at one of the up coming GGLC events!

Happy Lotusing
Kiyoshi
(on behalf of the GGLC)

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
khamai said:
the GGLC is working with BMC-San Francisco, Silicon Valley Auto Group & Smith Lotus and has authorized those dealers to offer their new Lotus customers a FREE 1 yr gift membership with the GGLC.
What about the rest of us???:(

Tim Mullen ;)

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
TimMullen said:
What about the rest of us???:(

Tim Mullen ;)
Hey Tim...

Guess we can't leave you out can we...:confused:

Actually, those dealers were kind enough to sponsor the WCLM and give the GGLC some additional funding. Nice to see the Lotus dealers stepping up their commitment to the marquee. :)

Kiyoshi

·
Registered
687 Posts
khamai said:
BTW... the GGLC is offering a gift membership (1 free year) for new owners that purchase their cars from BMC-SF, SVAG or Smith Lotus. Be sure to ask them for your gift membership.
I asked yesterday when I picked up my car, but SVAG said they weren't offering it. With whom do I talk to get the membership?

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was afraid of that... We'll contact them again and remind them. In the mean time email me directly at [email protected] and I'll send you a pdf form that you can print & send-in. I'll let our membership chairman know and he'll keep an eye out for your membership form.

Welcome a board!!!

Kiyoshi

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just a reminder to those who have purchased or are getting their cars from either BMC-SF or SVAG that the GGLC is offering a 1-year gift (free) membership.

We've asked the dealers to hand out "GGLC Gift Membership Forms", but most likely they've forgotten by now.

If you'd like a form either drop me a note at webguy(at)gglotus.org or send me a PM.

Cheers!
Kiyoshi
GGLC Webguy
www.gglotus.org

P.S. The 2005 West Coast Lotus Meet will be held June 2-5, 2005. Watch for details.

·
Registered
347 Posts
khamai said:
Just a reminder to those who have purchased or are getting their cars from either BMC-SF or SVAG that the GGLC is offering a 1-year gift (free) membership.

We've asked the dealers to hand out "GGLC Gift Membership Forms", but most likely they've forgotten by now.

If you'd like a form either drop me a note at webguy(at)gglotus.org or send me a PM.

Cheers!
Kiyoshi
GGLC Webguy
www.gglotus.org

P.S. The 2005 West Coast Lotus Meet will be held June 2-5, 2005. Watch for details.
Is it definitely at Tahoe again? That was just a phenomenal site for the event. My wife and I had a great time and we didn't even have a Lotus (yet).

Larry

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
lbonham said:
Is it definitely at Tahoe again? That was just a phenomenal site for the event. My wife and I had a great time and we didn't even have a Lotus (yet).

Larry
Yup... Return to Tahoe.

Similar format - Track Day at the Reno-Fernley Raceway on Friday, some tours of the area, Concours, Autocross and some special event (last year was the Dinner Cruise on the Tahoe Queen). We've got a couple of great guys co-chairing the event and they're cooking up some stuff that will make the 2005 WCLM even better!

When the time comes I'll post an announcement on a separate thread.

Kiyoshi

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bump

Just a reminder...

The Golden Gate Lotus Club (GGLC) has a special promotion with Lotus San Francisco (BMC) and Silicon Valley Auto Group (SVAG). Those who have purchased their Elise from either of these two dealerships can get a 1 year Gift Membership to the GGLC.

If you didn't receive a Gift Membership form from them you can contact me at EMAIL.

Of course all other Elise owners are welcome to join the GGLC. For membership information please visit the GGLC website at www.gglotus.org.

The GGLC has monthly meetings, 6 Lotus Track Days in 2005, runs/tours, Autocrosses, host of the West Coast Lotus Meet and is one of the most active Lotus clubs.

Cheers,
Kiyoshi
GGLC webguy

1 - 17 of 17 Posts