The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,

A newbie who has been eyeing buying a used Elise wondering if any L.A. owners would be willing to meet with me to talk about their Lotus.

I would love to get a ride in your car (I won't ask to drive it - I can learn a lot from the passenger seat) so that I can get a non-salesman perspective on the car. I've got lots of questions and would be happy to meet with you and buy you lunch just to geek out on car talk and sharing the passion of cars and in particular YOUR love of your Lotus.

I'm a really easy-going and friendly guy who grew up in Ohio who would really appreciate your time and information.

I live in Studio City and am also really curious to see if you think I could even pull the car into my townhome's garage without scraping it. (Not that I'd ask you to drive your car there, but just having you eyeball it and give me your opinion would be cool.)

I know this might seem a little strange, but isn't there some point where we are supposed to leave the notion of "knowing people from the internet" and actually meet people face-to-face?

Thanks,

Matthew

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Novel approach! Good luck. :D

·
***** lurker
732 Posts
It worked for me a few years back, but you should post in the local subforum... probably will get a better response.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Go to the New Port dealer. I pulled up driving a Subaru STi wearing Dickie shorts and a t-shirt and was treated great. I told Kevin I just wanted to look, he tossed me the keys and insisted I drive it. He didn't even go with for the test drive.:clap:

·
Registered
268 Posts
Go to the New Port dealer. I pulled up driving a Subaru STi wearing Dickie shorts and a t-shirt and was treated great. I told Kevin I just wanted to look, he tossed me the keys and insisted I drive it. He didn't even go with for the test drive.:clap:
Seriously? That's one crazy salesman! Last time I went to a dealer interested in a USED one, they wanted to run my credit! :mad:

·
Registered
825 Posts
+1 on Newport European. You really need to drive the car to truly appreciate it. Kevin tossed me the keys when I was shopping for my lotus and people mistake me for a 16 year old usually. It was pretty savvy on his part since I did end up buying my car from them.

·
Registered
232 Posts
+1 on Kevin at Newport, same treatment, no pressure.

There are some owners near you (Ryan and Gary). If you can make it out to the Malibu canyons, I am sure we can hook you up with a ride.

Mods - can you move this to California thread?

+1 on Newport European. You really need to drive the car to truly appreciate it. Kevin tossed me the keys when I was shopping for my lotus and people mistake me for a 16 year old usually. It was pretty savvy on his part since I did end up buying my car from them.

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts