The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this from another member here last year and forgot I had it. Just bought the car didn't know too much about much. In short I can't use this, it won't fit. If you can use it, pay for shipping and it is yours.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry for being a NOOB and at the risk of getting stoned to death who is Tim Engel?

·
Registered
210 Posts
From careful study of the turboesprit Yahoo! forum, as well as this forum and TLF, I've learned Tim is the Master Sage of All Things G-Esprit (and others). He has posted prodigious amounts of first-hand knowledge and incredibly helpful tips regarding running, maintaining, and rebuilding the Esprit online, and has compiled, written, or is able to access a library's worth of information about the car.

Cheers,

Scott

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Not trying to poop on this and he is giving it away. I had one of those and it did not fit as it is round not oval like the lotus ones were.. Just FYI>..

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not trying to poop on this and he is giving it away. I had one of those and it did not fit as it is round not oval like the lotus ones were.. Just FYI>..
Yup, that's why I can't use it. Fits a G car though, just not ours.

·
Cal H
982 Posts
From careful study of the turboesprit Yahoo! forum, as well as this forum and TLF, I've learned Tim is the Master Sage of All Things G-Esprit (and others). He has posted prodigious amounts of first-hand knowledge and incredibly helpful tips regarding running, maintaining, and rebuilding the Esprit online, and has compiled, written, or is able to access a library's worth of information about the car.

Cheers,

Scott
He is a devoted Lotus enthusiast from the early days and valued friend for over 14 years. Lives a modest life style and even though offered, has never taken money for the countless times he has performed work on other peoples cars. He has been the lead technical resource on numerous build projects and other than some one like Gary Kemp has been present during assembly, rebuilt and/or assembled the most Lotus 9XX series engines than anyone else I know. I regard him as expert in almost every street model Lotus and very good at other makes of cars too.

We used to joke around that when Lotus has a question about their cars they contact Tim. I know many of the Lotus parts suppliers are aware of who Tim is and they regard him as an equal or superior technical resource.

So whenever I have a part, manual or other Lotus bits and pieces I always offer it to Tim 1st as he will usually accept a gift or token of an unneeded or extra part.

It is in everyone's best interests to form and support their network of owner enthusiasts whose help they will need one day. After all everyone forms a pecking of loyalties and priorities among online and local friends.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
He is a devoted Lotus enthusiast from the early days and valued friend for over 14 years. Lives a modest life style and even though offered, has never taken money for the countless times he has performed work on other peoples cars. He has been the lead technical resource on numerous build projects and other than some one like Gary Kemp has been present during assembly, rebuilt and/or assembled the most Lotus 9XX series engines than anyone else I know. I regard him as expert in almost every street model Lotus and very good at other makes of cars too.

We used to joke around that when Lotus has a question about their cars they contact Tim. I know many of the Lotus parts suppliers are aware of who Tim is and they regard him as an equal or superior technical resource.

So whenever I have a part, manual or other Lotus bits and pieces I always offer it to Tim 1st as he will usually accept a gift or token of an unneeded or extra part.

It is in everyone's best interests to form and support their network of owner enthusiasts whose help they will need one day. After all everyone forms a pecking of loyalties and priorities among online and local friends.
Ahhhh now I know.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for offering it free to a fellow Lotus driver rather than seeing how much you could get for it on eBay.

:nanner2: :coolnana: :nanner:
Time to give back to the community. Gave away a brand new VDO speedo and a BOV too. Need to clean out and make room in my garage.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
And dont go bidding against me on the tool kit! (midlife300zx on ebay)

:)

·
Super Moderator
4,265 Posts
And dont go bidding against me on the tool kit! (midlife300zx on ebay)

:)
FYI eBay hasn't shown bidder names in years - your bidding name is obscured so we can't tell you're bidding at the ebay site.

Lots of good parts from a V8 on that auction - the seller slava81 is a reliable one - I've bought many parts from him.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
ERK outbid

Would be cool to convert dash to that update version! Anyone ever done that?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts