The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I "got the call" and went to my dealer (Boardwalk Auto Center in Redwood City, CA) to pick it up. Star Shield had been installed. I reminded my dealer that I hadn't ordered it, and he said, "OK, then I won't charge you for it." (My deal with the dealer was MSRP).

He had me sign a form that he was sending to Lotus, stating that I hadn't ordered the Star Shield. I got the impression that Lotus won't charge the dealer for it.

What a nice surprise! And what a great dealer!!

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Nice to hear there are other great dealerships out there. You'll be glad you have the starshield.

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
You got a car from Boardwalk at MSRP?! That's surprising, I thought they were adding a markup to all of them.

What color did you get?

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Patricko said:
I don't think you can have your cake (free starshield) and eat it too (warrenty)...
That was my thought. I was just thinking that it would suck if they did a bad job at it and it had to be replaced etc.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I bought my car from Boardwalk at MSRP because I signed an agreement with them in February 2002 that I would. That was before things heated up.

I got burned once before getting on a waiting list without a price defined, so this time I did it right.

It's Saffron Yellow with LSS, and I like it!

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
babak said:
That was my thought. I was just thinking that it would suck if they did a bad job at it and it had to be replaced etc.
Positive situation in my eyes, if perhaps a slight hassle. If repair is absolutely necessary and the estimate approaches $1000, you can work out with the dealer to buy the option from them. Otherwise you will have saved money.

Anyway, free is good.

·
Registered
7,678 Posts
that starshield IS warrantied, guys.
anything that is dealer/manufacturer installed is warrantied. especially if purchased with the vehicle

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Chococar said:
I bought my car from Boardwalk at MSRP because I signed an agreement with them in February 2002 that I would. That was before things heated up.

I got burned once before getting on a waiting list without a price defined, so this time I did it right.

It's Saffron Yellow with LSS, and I like it!
That's cool. Congrats on the car.
I went to the Boardwalk a few months back and their attitude has completely changed. I got the impression that the sales guy did not want to spend anytime with me because I was unwilling to pay over MSRP for the car.
It was nice to see the cars they had on display that day, though.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
interior pix

Here is the first of three interior pictures, per raggedy1's request. (Hopefully I'm successful attaching this picture and the size is appropriate.)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
thanks for the pics.

any regrets not getting the touring? i don't imagine missing the power windows since one has to reach over to the passenger door anyway to lower the window with either setup. the additional exposed aluminum on the sills looks nice.

has anyone listened/driven both the touring and non-touring editions? i'm wondering if there enough additional sound deadening material to make a difference. besides that, who wants additional sound deadening anyway!

·
Registered
587 Posts
raggedy1 said:
i'm wondering if there enough additional sound deadening material to make a difference. ]
Somewhere on this board I remember reading the average noise is about -3db down, or about half of the power. Should definitely be noticable but nothing huge.

besides that, who wants additional sound deadening anyway!
Me! Listening to every little rock and stone that hits the bottom of your car can get really annoying.

- John

1 - 20 of 23 Posts