The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi y'all :eek:

Been very very intrigued by the Elise since I took a ride in one with a relative overseas years ago...

Today the window of opportunity is presenting itself (at least I'll try to blame it on the window...) and I am shooting for being a proud owner (and post pictures here) before the spring rolls in!

Glad to become part of the community and hope to contribute as much as possible.

Cheers!!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Hi y'all :eek:

Been very very intrigued by the Elise since I took a ride in one with a relative overseas years ago...

Today the window of opportunity is presenting itself (at least I'll try to blame it on the window...) and I am shooting for being a proud owner (and post pictures here) before the spring rolls in!

Glad to become part of the community and hope to contribute as much as possible.

Cheers!!
Best of wishes to that endeavor.
What part of TX are you in?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Like Harry Dean, could be from Paris.... Texas.
I shoulda guessed that one, however I am still new to this enormous state.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Best of wishes to that endeavor.
What part of TX are you in?
I am in Fort Worth so probably going to try and connect with the local DFW Lotus gang at some point... I have already met a couple Elise enthusiasts at a track day mid december... lovely people off course :)

·
Registered
301 Posts
North Texas Lotus on FB.

Cars and Coffee in Ft. Worth is next on the second Saturday in March. Can't remember where but it's listed on FB

Cars and Coffee Dallas is first Saturday every month at Classic BMW in Plano at Spring Creek. I didn't go last week but even in the cold there were 6 lotus.

3rd Tuesday of every month at Londoner in Addison at 7:00.

There's a bunch of us. Mainly Elise, Exige and couple of esprit and a 90's élan (the FWD isuzu). More of us show up when the weather is good. Decide what you want to see and we can probably find one for you to see.

If more urgent, there's a few in ft worth that I'm sure would meet you. I'm in prosper, north of Frisco. If you want to come over this way, let me know.

Scott

[email protected]

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
273 Posts
North Texas Lotus on FB.

I'm in prosper, north of Frisco. If you want to come over this way, let me know.

Scott

[email protected]

I actually live in McKinney right next to the Frisco border. My other hobby, 1/4 scale aircraft, and club fly at a field in Prosper just off 380. I saw a Bordeaux Red 05 Elise at Home Depot (Eldorado and Virginia Pky) about a week ago. Good chance you'll see me around. 05 Starlight Black Elise

·
Registered
301 Posts
North Texas Lotus on FB.

Cars and Coffee in Ft. Worth is next on the second Saturday in March. Can't remember where but it's listed on FB

Cars and Coffee Dallas is first Saturday every month at Classic BMW in Plano at Spring Creek. I didn't go last week but even in the cold there were 6 lotus.

3rd Tuesday of every month at Londoner in Addison at 7:00.

There's a bunch of us. Mainly Elise, Exige and couple of esprit and a 90's élan (the FWD isuzu). More of us show up when the weather is good. Decide what you want to see and we can probably find one for you to see.

If more urgent, there's a few in ft worth that I'm sure would meet you. I'm in prosper, north of Frisco. If you want to come over this way, let me know.

Scott

[email protected]

I believe the Ft. Worth Cars and Coffee - properly known as Cowtown C&C, is at Montgomery Plaza and is every month.

Absolutely depends on the weather as for if I will drive the 65 miles there...But likely others may be there. Hit the FB page, as mentioned.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks yellowvert... will definitely join the FB page and go meet whoever makes it at the next get together in Fort Worth... By second Saturday of March I might be one of the happy few entering the lot with machine + man behind wheel < 1 metric ton :)
I trust it will be tons of info and only if I really can't get to ask / see enough then I'll tap into special requests and so on for specifics...

Cheers

·
Registered
143 Posts
I actually live in McKinney right next to the Frisco border. My other hobby, 1/4 scale aircraft, and club fly at a field in Prosper just off 380. I saw a Bordeaux Red 05 Elise at Home Depot (Eldorado and Virginia Pky) about a week ago. Good chance you'll see me around. 05 Starlight Black Elise
Just sold my house in Anna - its a seller's market down there!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just sold my house in Anna - its a seller's market down there!
Seller's market... although you are talking about houses, these are 2 words I am not excited to see used in the same sentence as I am intensifying my Lotus quest...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Got it!!!!

:UK: :nanner:

Can't stop looking at it, can't stop getting in and out of it, can't stop talking about it, can't stop thinking of ways to make it look even nicer, can't stop doing "upfront" maintenance with the best fluids out there... and can't stop finding excuses to drive it here and there... You have guessed already... I just found my baby and love love love it!!

Note: will post sharper image next week... will go meet some of local North Texas Lotus enthousiasts (freaks?) next Saturday so good excuse for taking daylight images

Attachments

·
Registered
685 Posts
Nice, it's got the gullwing roof top. And the radiator vent are painted body color.

·
Registered
273 Posts
That is quite slick

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks guys!

Dephcon5, how can you tell the manufacturing rank of your car (I see your info says you have 2005 #49...)... Is that a direct VIN reading or else?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Very nice, and welcome!

I'm in Saudi Arabia, but my house is in Prosper and I'll be there in two weeks. I plan on doing Addison and C&C, so I'll get to meet you hopefully. Can't wait to be reunited with my Elise....it's like withdrawal pains.

Stephen

1 - 20 of 29 Posts