The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an A/C problem with my 2005 Elise and would appreciate any thoughts, suggestions, etc. I have a Freon leak and a local repair shop put dye in and has identified the leak to be in the pipe that runs on passenger side from high/low hoses in rear to the condenser in the front. It appears the leak is in the rear of the pipe near the connection points where there is a bend in the pipe.

My questions are:

I’ve been told by a Lotus dealer that the lower panel that runs under the door (which has to be removed to get to the pipe) is welded to the body and therefore pipe will have to be carefully threaded out the rear of the cavity to repair/replace it – anyone know if this is true? Is this pipe one piece that runs length of car or multiple pipes joined together? Anyone have a diagram of the pipe? Doesn’t the oil line run in the same cavity as this pipe and, if so, any way I can wait for recall re oil line and possibly get Lotus to pay for the labor to get access to this pipe to fix problem? Finally, has anyone with this problem had any success with splicing/repairing the pipe at the rear where you can get access after pulling wheel off, thereby avoiding having to remove the entire pipe? Any thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts