The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was checking $ for a flight from fayetteville to st louis on the chance that my car actually arrives in the next few months nd discovered that a 1 way ticket is $480 and round trip ticket was $200 less. my question is there some reason i cant buy the round trip and just throw 1 of them away? god knows i wouldnt want to get in trouble

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
You can do that. But if you skip one leg you throw away all subsequent flights. In other words you can't buy a roundtrip ticket from A to B and only take the flight back from B to A.

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
Airlines are cracking down on this practice. I used to do this routinely in some of biz travel, as did others I knew. Recently I've had biz friend do this and the airline come back and charge them the difference in cost between the 1-way and the 2-way. They know when you don't use the 2nd return leg. So, if you do it, you just take your chances.

BTW... the verbage that goes with the ticket gives them the right to do the above.

·
Registered
758 Posts
I'd suggest giving it a go. One way tickets get automatically flagged, and you'll get 'vvvv' printed on your boarding pass which results in numerous searches at every check point.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts