The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today is a wonderful day. First day out since winter, and first time polished and waxed professionally.

Also just installed my Technocraft Seat. I'm still unsure if the kevlar really fits the CO.

I can't believe how wonderful she looks. My Elise was a salvage car. See before pic:

BEFORE:

NOW:

·
Premium Member
648 Posts
Love the color, looks good!

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Looks awesome... exactly like mine. :) It's a personal thing but I hate seeing tire shine on tires.

What size Dunlops are those?

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys!

I didn't ask for tire shine. I guess that they put it on all cars that they do.

Dunlops are 205/50 front, 225/45 rear.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Dealership for my Gallardo said do NOT use tire shine on my current tires - Pirelli P Zero Corsas - IIRC, he said it could damage that tire.

I don't know if it's because the tires are so soft - wear rating of 60, same as A048s.

I don't know how true that is, or if that might apply to our high performance tires too. :shrug:

·
Registered
645 Posts
Dealership for my Gallardo said do NOT use tire shine on my current tires - Pirelli P Zero Corsas - IIRC, he said it could damage that tire.

I don't know if it's because the tires are so soft - wear rating of 60, same as A048s.

I don't know how true that is, or if that might apply to our high performance tires too. :shrug:
You can use water based tire shine but not oil based which almost all is. Water based wont make it look wet, just clean and black. Also does not last very long.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I took my elise to an auto-x this past Sunday after purchasing it on Tuesday from a dealer who applied tire shine. I spun it twice in the first 25 seconds of the course! Hilarious. After the shine wore off, the car was a delight and highly predictable. It took about 3 runs to get that crap off the shoulder.

You may not think it does anything to hurt performance but it surely does.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts