The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I guess whoever wrote "execellent sound system" hadn't actually listened to it :thwack:

Looks like a fair price- Nice wheels- I wonder what's up with that gauge pod? :shrug:

·
Registered
55 Posts
I wonder if this is really all they say, after all it reads "ORIGINAL FACTORY EQUIPMENT" many times, despite the obvious wheels, which usually means there are others. And it also states "Pwr rack & pinion steering" along with a "rear spoiler" which it doesn't have. I would bring some serious questions first.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I wonder if this is really all they say, after all it reads "ORIGINAL FACTORY EQUIPMENT" many times, despite the obvious wheels, which usually means there are others. And it also states "Pwr rack & pinion steering" along with a "rear spoiler" which it doesn't have. I would bring some serious questions first.
Many times when a dealer is advertising a vehicle on their website or with vendors i.e. cars.com, autotrader, ebay etc. the system automatically defaults to items like power window, power steering and many other little equipments that are typically standard for MANY cars. The things you are mentioning sounds like the default equipments set up by the system the dealer is using so I wouldn't worry at all about bringing some serious questions...afterall, we all know what it really is and what it isn't, right?

·
Registered
140 Posts
I was looking at that car a while back. Seems like a good deal. Only 20k miles and it's still under warrnnty through 12/08. And it's at a Lotus dealership. The car's original MSRP was only low 40's to begin with, so it wasn't very much to begin with. It is basically a 3 year old optionless Elise, not touring, no sport, nothing. You can see the roll up windows and cloth seats. Might be the perfect fit for someone, who doesn't care about those options and wants to get behind the wheel of one for as cheap as possible.

·
Registered
386 Posts
It is basically a 3 year old optionless Elise, not touring, no sport, nothing. You can see the roll up windows and cloth seats. Might be the perfect fit for someone, who doesn't care about those options and wants to get behind the wheel of one for as cheap as possible.
Frankly - if I was in the market for an elise - this optionless elise would be exactly what I'd be after. No leather (GREAT!) - no power windows (AWESOME!) - No Touring (Puhleeze!) no Sport (Oh well, time to get some ohlins on it anyway!

Sounds like a deal if it's not damaged in any way.

Cheers,
-Darryl

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was looking at that car a while back. Seems like a good deal. Only 20k miles and it's still under warrnnty through 12/08. And it's at a Lotus dealership. The car's original MSRP was only low 40's to begin with, so it wasn't very much to begin with. It is basically a 3 year old optionless Elise, not touring, no sport, nothing. You can see the roll up windows and cloth seats. Might be the perfect fit for someone, who doesn't care about those options and wants to get behind the wheel of one for as cheap as possible.
Sounds like me. Gotta see if I have any money left over after the mortgage...

·
Registered
140 Posts
I just talked to Henry who works at Fresno Lotus, nice guy. The car actually comes with the original wheels as well, and also the original coilover's - it has stiffer aftermarket coilovers installed on it now. This is actually looking to be a pretty sweet deal, the car, (2) sets of wheels, (2) sets of coilovers, still under warranty, and especially if you could negotiate the price a bit, it sounds like they'd like they are motivated to move it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Looking for my first Lotus.... was the high bidder on this vehicle until the last 2 minutes.... lost by $100.... :wallbang:

Still looking for a CA lotus in the $28-32K range.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts