The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've made a decision to back off from political fights on Lotus Talk for good.

I apologize to everyone I have hurt or made angry...especially fishguy and Ivan1.

The elections and global warming will resolve themselves without my help.

I'm a Lotus owner...and I'll stick to those subjects.

See you all in the twisties. :D

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
I knew deep down you were a good Republican! :D
rotfl

Right now, LARRY's tongue is bleeding from biting it so hard.
:D

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
larry,
I hope this is true.
from what i see there is much hostility on this forum due to politics, and honestly, you do always seem to be at the center of the tension.
while i do not consider you a friend, or someone i would care to hang out with ever, i will say that i dont wish you harm either.

life is short, and the anger that you have expressed can not be good for your body or health. i dont want to see anything bad happen to anyone here or elsewhere, and stress/rage, are horrible for ones body. you need to relax and enjoy life.

the truth for me, is that politics are not important, i just HATE when others try to tell people how to live, and how to think or act. i also HATE when people hijack threads with politics.
as i have said before, I am an independant politically.
I will say that your persistant "passion" has made interacting with you here interesting to say the least.
also for the record, the first day i joined this site, YOU, jumped my $h!T for no reason, i guess you thought it would be funny. i was shocked, as this was the first forum i ever joined, and so I felt that if i didnt push back, i would be walked all over upon (and i know this is correct here on this site).

I guess with me, you got much more than you bargained for.;)

The other forum i frequent does not have anyone treating others rudely, or disrespectfully, its just racers helping racers.
i hope you are able to abide by this thread you started, this forum will be a much better place for everyone, mostly for you.

the world isnt going to be saved, or going to end based upon who wins the election. nothing is really going to change much, so lets just all live and enjoy.

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
im sad to hear it larry....i dont like boring threads, i wouldnt like a boring life.
the free for alls make things interesting...:)
heres one of your favorite pictures, all for u
:)

Attachments

·
Registered
146 Posts
Define good? Is it good that our largesse government has become an extension of business special interests? Big government when it suits those interests, and incompetent small government when it does not. Deficit spending non stop.

So do you agree with me or not? That's where it begins. You advocate socialized medicine and I say, oh the horror.

Meanwhile, the Governator flies ~3X week back and forth between here and Sacramento in the Gulfstream....

Democracy needs an informed populace and folks who devote time to paying attention. We can't vote with our pocketbooks exclusively. Right now the energy industry and infrastructure of our country could be changed to distributed power generation and renewables. Those who say it will cost jobs are wrong. Jobs, requiring applied skill, will be created by the boatload. What the energy interests fear the most is that they will be placed in a position of a huge loss of business.

Global warming. Well, besides being a misnomer, there has been a very orchestrated effort to disseminate simple falsehoods in the popular media to confuse the general population and the scientists haven't really done a good job to communicate the issue that resolves as one of the uncertainty of the climate to human forcings....

Come on, Larry! Wake up. You are the firestarter--the tester! Say something I can agree or disagree with and let the good arguments roll.

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
If Hillary would just shut her damn piehole the reduction in hot air alone would solve global warming.

(Just testing you, Larry)

·
Registered
1,380 Posts

I apologize to everyone I have hurt or made angry...especially fishguy and Ivan1.

The elections and global warming will resolve themselves without my help.

I'm a Lotus owner...and I'll stick to those subjects.

See you all in the twisties. :D
Are you feeling okay, tough guy? -eek-

·
Registered
146 Posts
If Hillary would just shut her damn piehole the reduction in hot air alone would solve global warming.
Doubt it would have much of an effect on the climate, but for some reason, I find sincerity lacking in Hillary's speech. No rational reason to support that feeling, but she sounds like a bad actor...

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
This has the potential for the best thread ever.

1 - 20 of 140 Posts