The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
While doing my little exploration of the undersides of the Elise I have found a few items that I though merited 'tweeking'...no big deal stuff...so here is another. First reference the following pic:

The ABS connectors for the front brakes are mounted on a small metal bracket assembly. The portion of the bracket that the arrow ----> is pointing to was in such a postion that it was hard against the ABS wiring cover..this metal piece is sharp and I thought over time it could cut through the cover and eventually get to the wiring itself. So I just bent it back (just push by hand) a bit until it is in the position seen in the pic. You can just see this area looking thru the wheel spokes and just above the rotor but much better view is you take wheel off.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Yelotus,
With the handbuilt nature of the car I think your exploration and observant attitude are going to result in a reliable specimen.
Appreciate the education you're dispensing.:clap:
cheers.
m

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Absolutely..she calls every day to check on the Elise>>>

Smart girl she be for placing a deposit so long ago...she knew it would entertain me for a bit ;) Now if I can just get her to OK the new triple towel rack style spoiler all will be good :eek:

·
Registered
538 Posts
zvezdah1 said:
So Michael,
I hope you're taking good care of ELLEN's ELISE while she's gone!:D
Chris
Thanks for keeping an eye on him, Chris. ;) This is the first time I've had a chance to check in here since Saturday.

Ellen

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Michael,
Since you've been all over the bottom of ellen's car, did you scope out the mounting points for the neon you were going to surprise here with.............. oooops! Forgot she reads this forum!

Ellen, just ignorre the above as ramblings of an aging enthusiast.
Chris:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts