The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 Elise that had the front clam replaced as well as Exige mesh.

After repair, I noticed that when engaging the alarm the front sensor was not pressed down by the left front access panel, thus causing a continuous buzzing sound.

Problem is with Exige mesh, you can't take the front access panel off completely....I can unscrew the left part of the access panel to lift it up, but I'm trying to figure out a way to adjust the access panel so that it comes down enough to press on the front sensor (so as not to trigger the alarm)....

·
Registered
7,002 Posts

After repair, I noticed that when engaging the alarm the front sensor was not pressed down by the left front access panel, thus causing a continuous buzzing sound.

Problem is with Exige mesh, you can't take the front access panel off completely....I can unscrew the left part of the access panel to lift it up, but I'm trying to figure out a way to adjust the access panel so that it comes down enough to press on the front sensor (so as not to trigger the alarm)....
Is this an Elise clam with exige mesh, or an exige clam? In either case, you should be able to remove the access panel completely.

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
You have a PM.

·
Premium Member
4,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SCC did the work and replaced with an Elise calm with Exige mesh...but it seems the way the Exige mesh was placed at the middle part is it is glued?

I'm not too sure how to bend the access panel to straighten it out - it seems the middle part bows too high? - thus not pressing on the sensor....I don't want to break the access panel by bending it...

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
SCC did the work and replaced with an Elise calm with Exige mesh...but it seems the way the Exige mesh was placed at the middle part is it is glued?

I'm not too sure how to bend the access panel to straighten it out - it seems the middle part bows too high? - thus not pressing on the sensor....I don't want to break the access panel by bending it...
Got your message - still in a meeting; I'll get in touch shortly.

·
Registered
6,945 Posts
Just glue a spacer on the panel where the switch contacts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts