The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
4,113 Posts
Will it change the balance of the car? Have you done anything to balance the downforce on the front? I assume that Lotus balanced the airflow and aerodynamics on the original bodywork.

I have to admit that the diffuser does look tight, but does it really offer any performance improvements?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The car in the pic is a guy I know, not mine. To be honest my personal feeling is that it's not something that's a must have from a pure aerodynamics perspective.

The "natural" aerodynamics of the car are v good, as I said these "settle" the car a little better at speed, both the front and the rear we're designed by an F1 designer and are produced by Autostyle Solutions.

But it depends what you intend to do with the car, if your gonna race it then that a whole different situation, if it's a road / track day car then a mere mortal like me will be happy with the esthetics of it.

:D

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
The 111S already has the diffuser, correct? I was under the impression that the one model that is coming to the states will have the diffuser, but now that I think of it, I have no idea why I'm under that impression. :shrug::

Is the autostyle diffuser any better than the Lotus version? It certainly sticks out more (can't say I'm a fan of that).

·
Registered
5 Posts
that car is so beautiful.....I'm paralyzed with envy....seriously.

I had bronze wheels on my black and getting rid of them was the worst mistake I have ever made.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I recognise that car...its mine...and its on my drive :)

I have the Alvan front splitters on the front - pic attached

Attachments

·
Registered
144 Posts
LOL :) ...a lot of guys over here in the UK dont even bother with a front plate....especially if they are running the lower sports suspension...too many speed bumps :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts