The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there a couple of screws hidden above the underpanel that clamp onto the "mouth" of the bumper that I need to loosen? (see yellow arrows) The one on the left is barely noticeable but the one on the right is pretty obvious. Is it just a matter of removing the underpanel and loosening said screws? Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That thread looks to be talking mostly about the bumper to clam alignment. I also looked through the service notes a little bit but didn't find anything.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
There are clips with threaded holes under there that clamp onto the belly pan. These are what the underside if the front bumper fasten to. I wonder if you/someone used too long a bolt when fastening that lip onto the car.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There are clips with threaded holes under there that clamp onto the belly pan. These are what the underside if the front bumper fasten to. I wonder if you/someone used too long a bolt when fastening that lip onto the car.
The second part doesn't really make sense. If there were long bolts pushing into that part of the bumper I would have a bump there instead of a divot. Just for the record, the lip was already on the car when I bought it. All I can tell from the service notes and random pictures on the internet is that there may be two studs that hold the bottom of the radiator ducting to the opening in the bumper. I guess I will just pull the underpanel and see what I can find.

Post #2 here I think the body nuts are visible on the radiator ducting.

https://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/81359-aerobats-evora-project/#comments

Attachments

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
@roarf Ah I see what you are saying, I misunderstood. It's hard to see anything in the pic. I thought you meant something was pushing up. I installed the same lip and was thinking maybe too long of bolts were used.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have all the screws and scrivets removed for the front under tray panel and it won't come off. What gives? Is this thing glued on or something?

·
Premium Member
2,358 Posts
I am somewhat confused as to what you are trying to do. Are you removing the bumper or just the undertray?
For the bumper.....if I recall correctly, after I removed all bumper fasteners (top and bottom), my bumper still needed a gentle pull it remove. But, I do not recall any adhesive or removing any radiator duct fasteners to remove the bumper.
(I also did not remove the undertray to remove the bumper.)

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was trying to gain access to the 2 nuts that clamp the bumper to the radiator ducting. I thought the one was too tight and deforming the bumper a little bit (see pic in first post). I got the undertray off... it just needed a good pull. I was able to access that nut but loosening it didn't do anything. I think maybe I would need to add another spacer and/or heat up the bumper a little bit in that spot. Decided to just put it back together and not worry about it. Maybe if I ever pull the bumper off I'll try to properly address it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts