The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is an '05 Elise with these front chin 'protectors'. I do not see these on any cars in this forum. I am curious if everyone removes them, or was this an option? They are both destroyed so I have removed them. Does anyone know about replacements, or should I install a front splitter in their place?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
They're not from the factory. They are dealer/owner add-ons to protect the clam. You can get them from a dealer or the Lotusgarage. I want to say they're around $150 (probably the most expensive bit I've ever bought from Lotus...). They are usually painted on the inside so when they get scratched they don't look bad.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
This is an '05 Elise with these front chin 'protectors'. I do not see these on any cars in this forum. I am curious if everyone removes them, or was this an option? They are both destroyed so I have removed them. Does anyone know about replacements, or should I install a front splitter in their place?
you should get in touch with SirLotus on the forums. he makes a really nice product to specifically help protect this part of the front clam...

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f95/front-under-clam-protectors-elise-exige-86461/

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
Install the front splitter. The car looks better with one and the front end feels much nicer at high speed (speaking from past experience).

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I am gonna go for the splitter. It will cost less than the replacement parts, and add so much more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts