The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning to put a proRad radiator in + new hoses this weekend.

What else should I do while I am there?

I have 2 noises I want to find.
#1. Ticking from brakes/hub. Sounds like shifting pads with a stone stuck in the caliper.
#2 Sounds like a handful of 10mm sockets retelling around in the front end when going over bumps. Suspension or steering related Im guessing. I have checked all the bolt torques (especially the upper shock mount)

Both of these problems look common from other posts.

·
Premium Member
2,744 Posts
AC improvements
I have a thread that shows what I did that encompasses what others have done
Really low dollar stuff mostly couple hundred bucks can make a huge difference

Air horn
Because people are idiots

I’m a fan of stainless braided lines so that is a thing

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
I installed a ChampRad and silicone hoses last spring and used the opportunity to put in stainless braided brake lines and add a Stebel air horn with the associated relay and wiring. A couple of other things you can consider is adding the metal reinforcement tabs to the headlight buckets if they need repairing. I also acquired a stainless steel hardware kit that provides most of the replacement fasteners and nut-clips that are under the clam.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
73 Posts
I’ll second the AC improvements as previously suggested, I just insulated the corrugated hose and the radiator shroud and replaced the thermostat to the newer version plus removed the covers in the foot wells and taped the air intake behind the front grill. It made such a difference, in fact for the first time water came out of the ac drain line, I was so surprised I thought I had a coolant leak! I also did stainless steel lines.

In addition I added a lumosHID kit from inokinetic (which is brilliant) and removed my front oil coolers. I use the BOE rear cooler on the track and no oil coolers on the street, with great success.

Leave the front clam off after you’ve replaced the radiator and run the car up to temp. It’s much easier to check the hoses, leaks and burp air with easy access. Button everything up after temps are stabilized and all air is bled.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts