The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, front clam has been off for for long overdue tasks such as oil line and brake line replacement, V2 arms, driving lights install, etc. Before i reinstall clam I want to find out what the small string-like rubber trim (?)pieces are, located over the oil coolers. Although there are two separate pieces it *could* have been one piece that I broke during clam removal. What is it and does it need replacement?
TIA for any help.
(hopefully pics are visible...)

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

Attachments

·
Registered
846 Posts
Hey guys, front clam has been off for for long overdue tasks such as oil line and brake line replacement, V2 arms, driving lights install, etc. Before i reinstall clam I want to find out what the small string-like rubber trim (?)pieces are, located over the oil coolers. Although there are two separate pieces it *could* have been one piece that I broke during clam removal. What is it and does it need replacement?
TIA for any help.
(hopefully pics are visible...)

If it's wire and runs off towards the dash, it could be the radio antenna, although mine wasn't located on the crash structure.

·
Registered
292 Posts
It is the fix for the indicators falling out as installed by lotus about end 07. The material is rubbish and falls apart. I replaced mine wthi high quality o rings.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know it's not the antenna, as that is still on the clam. I also don't think it is an oem turn signal fix as my car is a very early 07 Exige S, constructed in mid 2006....of course if it was a fix it didn't work, I have to fix that too!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bump. Any other opinions?

·
Older but getting faster
523 Posts
I have the same thing on my 06 Elise. Was just wondering the same thing and looking for answers. I'll keep looking.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I think you will find they are the winker retainers that lotus added. They are little rubber o-ring sections that rivet on and provide a secondary retainer for the winkers. They are made of the most cheap nasty rubber in the world and even on cars like mine that are carefully indoor garaged deteriorate in no time flat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts