The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dont know if you can help without pics, however i have a 2005 elise, it has been in an accident but it checked out. my question is that my front clam doesnt have a license plate holder nor are the splitters at the bottom of the chin prominent. does anyone know what fron clam i have?

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Sounds like you have either a Exige front clam on it without the front splitter or the original clam has been modified. Hard to help without pics. Do you have plastic louver grills? Is there a seam across the front of the clam about four inches from the tip of the nose of the clam, just below the badge?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah there is a seam so i know its not an exige clam. it looks as if it has never been tampered with or they did a really really good job.....

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Is the car saffron yellow? Sounds like Randy Chase's former Elise (though I'm not aware of any accident...his clam work was done after hitting an object on the freeway).

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
If it's got a seam then it's an Elise clam that has been modified. Many (myself included) didn't like the plate plith and cheeks. My guess is that the original owner got tired of scraping the cheeks or even wore a hole there and decided to have them remove and took off the plate while he was at it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts