The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The front mesh I had originally done on my car looked okay, but some places werent perfect and it annoyed me. So out came the grinder and I shaved off about a 1/4 off the inside of the opening to eliminate the existing front grill holes. I then filed it even and put the mesh behind the clam without taking the clam off, looks way cleaner than before and I am finally happy with how it looks after going through four previous trial front grills. Also got a sector111 rear badge courtesy of '5qf3764b' and slapped that on there. Took some pics of both along with the other mesh replacement pieces...

·
Registered
275 Posts
^^^^cool effect with the lights :)

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
The mesh is looking great!

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
a nikon d40, i cut off the radiator veins and then fiberglassed the holes smooth. Then I filled them with body filler and got them plastic coated. The side scoops and raditor pieces were a total pain to smooth.

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
Madden - You are the artist of this forum. :bow: I always love to see your stuff.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
did you post earlier about how you went about installing those fronts? looks really clean? did you use the custom car grills mesh? thanks im trying to get this done

·
hate speed limits
714 Posts
NICE!

+1 Hands down, the best custom grill mesh I've ever seen :bow:

I was planning on ordering an OEM replacement for my missing front clam side inlets, but you've inspired me.

Please post your custom grill information (type/size/etc.) and where to buy. This will be my first experience with this type of mod but I'm looking forward to it. I want my AR to look just like yours (except for color of course)! Thanks.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
glad you like it. I used the xxl powder coated black mesh from customcargrills.com
The fronts took me about four trial versions before I got it looking good.
I dremeled off the oil cooler tabs and also grinded off about 1/2 inch from the front opening. The front opening I attatched with zip ties to the pre existing grill brackets. For the oil cooler grills I took off the undertray and was able to hold them on with epoxy resin. I also stuck a bolt through the the top of the oil cooler grills were the existing screw for the stock grills went.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts