The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The front mesh I had originally done on my car looked okay, but some places werent perfect and it annoyed me. So out came the grinder and I shaved off about a 1/4 off the inside of the opening to eliminate the existing front grill holes. I then filed it even and put the mesh behind the clam without taking the clam off, looks way cleaner than before and I am finally happy with how it looks after going through four previous trial front grills. Also got a sector111 rear badge courtesy of '5qf3764b' and slapped that on there. Took some pics of both along with the other mesh replacement pieces...

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
a nikon d40, i cut off the radiator veins and then fiberglassed the holes smooth. Then I filled them with body filler and got them plastic coated. The side scoops and raditor pieces were a total pain to smooth.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
glad you like it. I used the xxl powder coated black mesh from customcargrills.com
The fronts took me about four trial versions before I got it looking good.
I dremeled off the oil cooler tabs and also grinded off about 1/2 inch from the front opening. The front opening I attatched with zip ties to the pre existing grill brackets. For the oil cooler grills I took off the undertray and was able to hold them on with epoxy resin. I also stuck a bolt through the the top of the oil cooler grills were the existing screw for the stock grills went.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts